Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some of you mite be asking what happend to Highlander...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Highlander, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Well to start with My Blazer is gone and was gone that night I had the fire sale.
    That was from the wife (soon to be EX) Bitching that we need to get rent money even though we were not late at the time. After a long yelling match one that I gave in to to Blazer went up for sale.
    And work was way to slow after the big snow we had I was laid off and the job deal for a in town driver sucks right now so what was I going to do well my friends I did what I always wanted to do I got my own Truck Yep I got a 1998 Volvo 610 with a 435 Cat and a 10 speed and 3.58 rears.
    So now I'm the owner of.
    Celtic Carriers Leased to TMSI here in Denver I've only been at this a 3 weeks now it took sometime for the paper work
    So far I've been out to Kansas Oklahoma and Long Beach Ca
    I hope to get around more but this outfit I'm leased to doesn't go out to far so I'll give it some time and go from there.
    I need to get a laptop so I can keep in touch with those of you that I talk with time from time. untill then if you think I mite get close to you and want to have a meet a greet let me know if the time is there I'd would like to put a face to the name. Sunday I'm headed to Hutchinson KS for a monday delivery then maybe off to KC MO to load by Lees Summite Mo or maybe around Tulsa OK.
    Some day I'll get another Blazer hopfuly soon untill then I mite not be around as much but I will stay a paying member.

Eric

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey Eric,
    I have actually wondered what happened, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I almost PM'ed you the other night just to see where you were. I am glad things are starting to come together for you. If you are in the OKC/Tulsa area let me know and we can met up for lunch or something. If you come this direction let me know a little ahead of time and I will PM you my phone number /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I would really like to meet some of the other members.

Krennen

3. Highlander

Cool man I get down to Supulpa alot lately.

Eric

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

If you ever get to the NW corner, give us a yell /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well since you're just starting out I can understand a Volvo, but I prefer a 15 spd to a 10. Me and my Pete stay local so I got a Cat 425B model, Rto15715, and 4.11 in the DS402s. Need to keep my crawl ratio. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Highlander

I'll to that Tazz
    The only reason I went with the Volvo was the low lease rate but if the fuel mileage doesn't pickup soon it mite be a KW W900 or a 279 pete I like a pete but the W9 they have on the lot isn't to bad and the price is not much higher than what I'm paying now it has a 475 Detroit with a 13sp. We'll see what I can do with the Volvo I like the ride and the room but it's just a Basic otr truck. If I had been thinking better I would of went for something that had O/O spec's in stead of the fleet.
    Well All I'm off to KS later. Hey Wes just where are you out there?

Eric