Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some opions

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by ONE2PLAY, Oct 12, 2000.

1. ONE2PLAY

ONE2PLAY Registered Member

My buddy and myself want to buy some cbs for our blazers. All we want to use them for is talking back and forth to each other while were wheeling in the foothills or the dunes. I dont know much about cbs. We dont want whips on our trucks. Can someone give me some advice on witch cb to buy.

2. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

if all you're gonna do is trail talk back and forth to eachother than i'd just go out and find a good price on a used or new plain 40 ch CB. Radio shack or maybe even a pawn shop.....talk to any older friends you have, you'd be surprised to find out how many people have an old working CB stashed somewhere after the CB craze was over.....
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought a Radio Shack 40 channel cb for 10 bucks at a yard sale and my buddy and I can talk 10 miles away.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

When I was younger, my dad and I use to off road in bajas and all we ever used with the group we ran with, was the portable hand held radios with a magnet ant. For the close distance we were talking, they worked great. Just an idea.

blazen91