Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some people are just stupid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Oct 20, 2005.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

whent to work to day and boss said load up these 2 cars and take them to the pick a part yard. o.k. no problem. whee get to go for a ride in the tow truck.:D whell i arive at the yard and what do i find ? :confused: a 89-91 k5 blazer rusted bad . no biggy?:rolleyes: whell the thing had a 98% new meyers all angle 7.5' snow blade setup on it . even had the newer quick mount setup on the truck.:doah: :screwy: :angry1:

:ears: f.y.i people quit sending this stuff to the yards as thay give you nothing for it these days:deal: . sell it to people like use as we will give you a better price for it.:thumb:

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

people don't think bro.did you nab it up?

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

tryed to but this yard in the last 2 years has become a$$ hats. he!! you can watch them buy something for 50 bucks and then offer then 500 bucks even tho thay wont make that back when all done and thay still wont sell it to ya.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds familiar..

Some of the junkyards here have the same policy lately..especially the ones that HAVE the good stuff!..like you said--they will pay short money for a car or truck right before your eyes--then refuse twice as much if you make an offer...

One place I used to go to at least weekly has been taken over by the son,and the father is still "playing" at the yard,but is "retired",and you have to ask the son for prices--and he is charging a LOT more than his dad did!--and sells stuff he knows has been sitting too long,like tranny's full of water,etc,or just plain wont fit (wrong year,or some other problem)..and refusing to give cash refunds--now they will only give you another part(if they have it,or can get one from another yard),or "merchandise credit" toward something else..many guys I know dont want to go there anymore!.

They act like its no big deal,and since scrap price is high now,they just assume send the trucks and parts to the crusher,than sell it tosomeone,and have to deal with warrantees and complaints!.(and a good deal of trucks HAVE been scrapped--and all the transfer cases and tranny's they had piled up like cordwood are gone too,plus about 250 differentials!). :mad1: --

I know what you mean about the plow setup!--I see stuff like that all the time in the yards around here--but they would want 800 bucks if I wanted to buy it..even though they only paid 200 for the whole truck and plow.. :surepal: ..I see a lot of good stuff wasted and destroyed there too..yet once in a while I go there,and come out with 200 bucks worth of stuff,and they charge 40 bucks! :bow: :screwy: :screwy: :confused: :crazy: