Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some people are so stupid!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, Feb 18, 2001.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Today I saw an 89 blazer in the paper so i called up about it. I ask him is it a fullsize or an s-10. He says its a fullsize, so i thought if its a fullsize no need to ask what engine is in it, its an 89, so it can only have a 350. Needless to say, I drove 75 mile round trip to look at an s10 piece of crap. This is another lesson in eliminating things over the phone.

JD
    former owner of an 88 Jimmy and 2 87 K5's

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. I went through the same thing and what is even more amazing
    is even though you ask questions like does it have auto hubs or locking hubs
    they still say locking and you go and look at it is a dammm S-10 Blazer.
    I do belive God love stupid people because he made a LOT OF THEM.

Bo

3. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

<font color=red>I do belive God love stupid people because he made a LOT OF THEM.</font color=red>
    [​IMG]HAHAHA[​IMG] That is so true !!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM>http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM</A>

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Oh yes, nothing like car shopping. "does it have any rust?", reply "no" should have asked if still had floors. Once looked at an SVO Must*ng after the owner (an attorney) swore up & down it had never been in an accident. Found it had just been painted (badly), rim replaced, hood/door misaligned. I told him "I" should have known better asking a professional lier!

'Course, gotta blame GM/Cheverolet for causing such a mess: first Blazer K5 then Blazer S-10, then you call the orignal Blazer a Tahoe, which was just an optioned K5!?! And just to be consistantly dumb they inflict the same "logic" on the Jimmy, er Yukon!

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I remember when I was shopping for K5s a few years ago, and there was one in the paper that said 4 by 4. That is the kind of truck you call about even if you are not interested because you can tell that the people are idiots. My friend did this too, he was just looking for Mustang Mach 1s, and he called every "Mach one" he could find...

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

6. kwcdawgfan

kwcdawgfan Registered Member

Drove 30 miles with my brother one time to look at a car with him... I heard him ask the lady 2 times if it had AC and she said yes... Got there and of course it didnt have AC but she said it had the place on the dash were you could add it... Man were we pissed... On the way out of the drive he ran over every one of her flowers... I LMAO for the 30 miles home...

7. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i have a friend (a really good friend btw) who was describing his old truck to me...he told me it had ' 42" MickeyThompson Super Swampers' on it........the reason i mentioned he was a good friend is because i feel kinda bad talking $hit about him....showed me how much he knew about trucks though!!!

AIRBORNE!!

8. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Sounds like one of my ex-friends. He had a story for everything. If you've done something once he's done it 50 times. He claimed one time that he took a smashed up camaro out of the junkyard and put a 427 vette engine in it. This was all when he was around 12-13 yrs old. He also claimed that he drag raced it at the local strip. There was no proof of this, not even a picture. I cant stand a storyteller.

JD
    former owner of an 88 Jimmy and 2 87 k5's

9. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

when i was in the market looking for one, this guy told me it was fully size but no engine or wheels, well he was wrong, it was an s10 dented all to hell, HADan engine, but no wheels.
    i mean come on, a s10 is nothin like a K5!!!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/confederatek5/>http://www.geocities.com/confederatek5/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

10. jerseymudder

jerseymudder Registered Member

I FOUND 1 IN WILLIAMSTOWN (RT.42) & 1 IN BERLIN.
    W.TOWN:84 JIMMY,350, REBUILT,TRANS,CONVERTER & CASE. 856-374-2520

BERLIN:YEAR 8? SINGLE HEADLIGHTS,DUALS W/HEADERS.
    856-767-8288.

BERLIN WAS WORSE THEN THE 84. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

STILL LOOKING.

11. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

A good freind of mine decided to set the timing on his truck. Well, he put his hand on something while the truck was running and shocked himself so bad the truck stalled! He screamed bloody mary and he was holding his arms in the same position as when he was shocked yelling, "I can't put my arms down! I can't put my arms down!!" After we figured he was okay we were laughing our a** off! Oh my god it was funny!!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

12. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Hey JD theres some for sale up here in north NJ and south NY I'll pass them on as I see them</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

13. 70_K5

70_K5 Registered Member

that stinks dude if ur looking for a 1 gen. K5 i got one its a 1970 i had it listed in here and got one reply to it i think it is on the 2 or 3 page now because a lot of new ones have come in NOW I AM NO LIER I WILL TELL U STRAIGHT UP HOW THE TRUCK IS. e-mail me @ rodrun07@hotmail.com if interested good luck on ur search for that right K-5

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Before I bought my Blazer a little over 2 years ago I looked at a bunch. One guy I met bragged about how great his was. (Said he'd never sell except his wife was having a baby and he needed the money). He went on and on how it's never broke down on him and everything is all new and replaced. He said I could drive it to see for myself. We hopped in and a few miles down the road the water pump went out. He acted all surprised like it was a shock something went wrong. The retard then calls his brother on the cell phone to pick him up and so he can run me back to my car. When his brother shows up he brings the guys girlfriend with him! He was using the line "I need the money for the new baby" to sell the piece of junk! .....The guy never said a word to me on the way back to my car. I wonder why? I found that very humorous......

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"