Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some people are weird... EDIT** pics added...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 22, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Today I was working with the lady whose husband is legally blind and has brain damage, and she can't use her hands very good because something with the nerves I guess. So I help her do stuff around here house like planting and whatnot. Today it was pouring rain out so we had to work inside. There was this room that was really messy and had a bunch of things it needed out... in the time of cleaning it out we found like 20 quarts of automatic transmission oil, cans of fruit and vegetables that expired 8 years ago, old homemade wine.. lots of it, and the most interesting thing, an old transmission. Some people are weird how they leave so much stuff behiind when they move. I offered to take some of the junk to the dump, and asked if I could have the transmission. The only downside is that I think the tranny may be for a car. I will post pics up later of it. Oh, and one question, does anyone know if the oil we found is still good? Theres so many un-opened bottles that would have to go to waste if they are bad. Help is needed. Thanks for listening /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

**UPDATE**
    Here are the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Hmmm......that looks like a BOP Th350. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The old oil and tranny fluid is good for helping to get the bonfire started. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If I were to kick the bucket today, it would take a long time for someone to figure out what all of "stuff" is that I've accumulated in the garage over the years. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

That looks like a corp. TH 350. It could be built to bolt up to a 203 or 205 adapter plate.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If I were to kick the bucket today, it would take a long time for someone to figure out what all of "stuff" is that I've accumulated in the garage over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best legacy is a HUGE question mark... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

looks like an old auto from buick , olds , pontiac, if its out and abandoned, it's cr@p. the old trans fluid should be ok except that most newer auto transmissions require the extra detergents in dexron 3 or better, so as another member put it, " /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifstarts good bonfire's"

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Awwww, such a sweet young boy

It's those small things that redeem your soul you know

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Awwww, such a sweet young boy

It's those small things that redeem your soul you know

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Man you never get anything do you? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Your a good boy to help out other people, this day in age it's a rare thing

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifLook, my brain is full of school work and things about trucks... it goes in overload when smart people like you say stuff like that /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif J/k

Yeah she is my family friend so I know her pretty good. Her husband is funny, he is always making jokes and saying wierd things.

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifLook, my brain is full of school work and things about trucks... it goes in overload when smart people like you say stuff like that /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif J/k

Yeah she is my family friend so I know her pretty good. Her husband is funny, he is always making jokes and saying wierd things.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's refreshing to see how naive you are. So many punk kids today and then there's you...so not a punk kid. Nobody means anything by it when they mention it. It is very nice of you to help out others, and it's a lot less common than you think.

BTW, re-reading this naive isn't really the best word to descibe it...but anything else just sounds worse. Reading your posts reminds me of watching "The Truman show". /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Old school outlook and values...

Rene