Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some people need to pull their head out of their A** (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by UNCLE CRACKER, Dec 3, 2003.

1. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

today my girlfriend calls me up and says "come down to my work the company next door droped a garbage dumpster on my car". I go down there and sure enough they droped one of those big metal dumpsters right on the side of her car. it took out the door, quarter pannel, and hatchback, rear bumper and both taillights. ended up the guy was going to fast driving a hyster and had to stop fast and the dumpster slid off of the forks onto my girlfriends car /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. any way to make the situation worse take it to the body shop to get an estimate and they said they might end up totaling the car out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. the bad thing about that is that the car (97 Acura Integra) is almost paid off so my girlfriend probly wont get much out of it if they total the car /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

UPDATE: Well the insurance covered the damage so everything is good there. by the way the new rental car (03 malibu LS) does awsome reverse cookies, but I already spent 3 bucks on it at the car wash washing the mud off of the windshield and front fenders /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: some people need to pull their head out of their A**

Damn, that fawking bits.....I'd sue the company for a new car.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Somebody needs to be sued for sure. Like you said, insurance probably won't give her much

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[darn] the car, get a good lawyer, sue, and argue that she is traumatized and can never park a car in a public parking lot again and sue for $8789579858949345. prolly win, and then u can buy whatever ya want. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Are you the honorary PNW member of the month? Keep seeing you in here this month /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If they total the car out you should get enough to buy another car just like it in theory. Never accept the first offer though. Go to a dealership and find a car like it and work out a price, then get it in writting. Then demand the insurance co match the price you found on another '97 integra /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (similar mileage, accessories ect). If the car is almost paid off she should be able to take the money left over from paying off the current one and use it as a down payment on the new one you find and have a similar balance left to pay it off.

7. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

yea i wouldn't worry either, if you can't get what you want out of the insurance company sue the garbage company, if that don't work go after the driver.. it was a parked car with no driver in it, and i'm sure the driver can't deny that he did it.. any lawyer would take your case, then on top of the reimbursement for atty fees, extra PMS you have to deal with, hassle, the time your girl had to take off work, bus passes /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif or whatever you might be able to get a new integra ... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif or tell her to get a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and she won't have to worry about dumptrucks

8. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I told her last night that "mabey its about time you get a truck' you know one that would pull my truck" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but she didnt look to excited about that idea

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I told her last night that "mabey its about time you get a truck' you know one that would pull my truck" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but she didnt look to excited about that idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear you lived through that one!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i did something similar a couple of years ago i was putting a tote in the back of a new ranger and lost a hydrolic line and messed up the bed prety good they came after my company's ins.co. and got a check within acouple of weeks since it was on private property it went through faster i think.