Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some pics of my custom fuel tank

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I had this tank built by a guy in Texas and I am very pleased with his work. Before taking the tank to get it powder coated I did a test fit. I am very happy with how this turned out. From the side the tank disappears, which is exactly what I wanted. I made one mistake on where to have position the upper tabs to secure the tank. I forgot the headache rack supports angle in so they interfered with the tabs. Nothing a hack saw and some new tabs wouldn't fix. Should hold about 38-40 gallons, just enough to keep the new to me 454 fed for a few miles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Some pics of my custom fuel cell

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif how much did it run you?

3. Yukon Jack

A tank of that size out of aluminum with baffles runs about $350 - which is less than a local guy bid me on doing one out of steel. Shipping was a bit high due to size. The cool thing is he can make one however you want it. Stock Blazer style to something like this. Even makes fan shrouds. I would sure like to have the skill and tools to do that kind of work.

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Where in Texas did you get that built?? I'm wanting a fuel cell for my K5, could you post or pm me his name,location and number?

Looks like real quality work. Very Nice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

5. Yukon Jack

His name is Mark Fowler and his website is http://www.aluminumfuelcell.com/ I found him at www.myoldtruck.com He has a sweet dropped 67-72 and his wife has a sweet lifted 69-72 Blazer. He might be a member here, I don't know. Goes by the board name of FuelCellGuy usually. As he built my tank he gave lots of detailed pictures. Lots of internal baffeling.

6. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info I will give him a ring. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric