Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some pics of my D60 DRW hubs machined to SRW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beater74, Jul 16, 2002.

1. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

thanks for the pics, they're now saved to my hard drive...pic is worth 10,000 words.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

they went the extra step and added a flange

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Is the added flange a necessity? I'm going to be doing the same thing with some extra hubs I have and want to make sure it's done right.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is the flange added to get the correct track width as a SRW D60 hub? Just wondering why it is needed, if it's to correct the track width then it would make sense, otherwise what is it's purpose?

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Looks Great!

They are a top quality machine shop. I bought my Dual Transfer Case setup from them. Reveiw to follow shortly, stay tuned...

I called them and in less than a week I had my parts.

Hey, while on this subject. What is the bolt circle for the 8 lug? And 6 lug? Just curious.

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think it is just to add some strength.
    the track width would be real close without it, as I believe the brake rotors are the same part DRW and SRW, so the diffence would be in the thickness of the flange between the 2 styles and they look pretty close.

8. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

8 on 6.5" I am pretty sure

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Those look very well done. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I like the flange they added, too.

How much did this job cost, just so we know what to expect. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif is the flange necessary, no, several other folks here have done this without installing a new wheel ring. But IMLAO it adds strenght and provides a truer and more stable wheel mounting surface.and yes it is the standard eight lug, but them wagoner folks can make then in about any config. you could want. as for the cost it was $250 for the pair plus shipping ($60 round trip) it wasn't the cheepest by far but i feel i got my moneys worth. i checked with several local shop and they said they could do it, if i told them what to do /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif , i didn't feel comfy with this and ending up with a set of worthless hubs that will cost $700 to replace /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. also if you do go with them and you use the DRW rotors the holes must be reemed out to 43/64 to accept the new studs (dorman part# 283). if you go with wagoner give'm a call and ask for Casey and tell him the cool box guy sent ya (you can see part of the box in the pic).

11. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

Only difference between single wheel and dual wheel rotors is the diameter of the holes for the 8 lug bolt pattern since one bolts to the hub and the other has the studs pressed through the two.
    I had to drill my original rotors to make them work at first.
    Mike

12. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I didnt know you had the DRW and conversion...

13. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

I really like the added flange. When I did mine, I just had the outer flange removed and trued the face of the inner flange. It seems to be almost too small of a diameter, I am thinking of adding a flange to mine.