Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some pics of newyears 2006 at GLAMIS CA

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by general blaze, Jan 3, 2006.

1. general blaze

general blaze 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

COOL pics looks like fun...crowded but fun:D

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i would love to get my 87 suzuki quadzilla out there and play.:o

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Dude, check it out. I think I have a picture of your blazer at the sand drags on saturday night. I dont have many pics of the weekend, and practically none of me on my bike or with my truck. But it was way awesome weekend. Where where you camped at? I dont know if you noticed but I had my 86 crew cab dually out there. Its brown, I had it at the drags towards the begining of the run.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

That green pickup sounded really good.

Too bad I didnt run into to you, we could have chilled and had some beers. Also it would have been nice to run with atleast another bike, I was with all quads too.

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have some pictures of me and my buddies trucks out at the glamis sand dunes spaning over a time of 15 to 25 years ago. Back in those days digital cameras did not exist.

7. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I missed it out there this weekend. I got a little discouraged on Halloween when a group of people pulled in at 2 am next to us and did wheelies on their bitchin loud 4 stroke quads in camp until 4 am at which point they stopped the wheelies and cranked their mariachi music until 8 am at which point they cooked breakfast with their budweiser. It was almost comical how bad that trip was. Otherwise, I've been going out to Glamis on holiday weekends since the 80's. I sure miss going to comp hill at night and burning VW cases while racing my 3 wheelers up the hill.

8. general blaze

that is freaking awsome. we were camped at the washes. wash 17 and a half.. where were you.. that pic of me is cool. looks like i was mashing..i had that slow ass diesel floored..hahahah.. ya it would have been sweet to meet up with you there. i go out there all the time.. the next time i go i will make sure to pm you.. it was a blast out there wasnt it..

9. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Yeah it was, I like to go a few times a year, halloween, new years, spring break...Let me know when you go next I will head out with my friends. We were at wash 7, I almost went over to wash 17 cause we ended up stuck in the dunes for hours waiting for the emt to come and get this guy we were riding with. He got a fractured vertebrate when his piece of crap quad lost a ball joint in the front spindle and he went head first into the sand. Nevertheless, when we were waiting some guys hung with us and gave us some beers, they were at wash 17. And I wanted to come by and party with them. If I would have went over there and saw your blazer Im sure I would have stopped by.

I was waiting for you to keep runnin the blazer, you see some guys go out there and tear there rigs up. I had a few more pics of your truck but they were more blurry so I deleted them. Did you see the dude in the new silverado that rippd his bumper off? That was pure funny stuff.

10. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Wat year yammie you got? I love my crf450, i was my first time out with that bike, and she freakin was rippin up those hills. All I need is a 10 paddle tire instead of the 8 paddle I currently have.

11. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Looks like it was a fun weekend. It just didn't work out for me to make it this year. What's with the pic of Olds---the place looks empty?

12. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

So what's the object of Glamis? Drive up and down the sand hills all day long? :confused:
    Don't have any sand in Indiana like that so I wouldn't understand.
    Doesn't look all that fun, probably why everyone is drunk to add to the excitement.:haha:

13. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Ya thats the basis of it all, drink, drink, and umm...drink alot...ohh and there is usually lots of nice poon walking around everywhere. Night rides can be fun if you got a light, you can watch all the rails with massive caddy motor do wheelies up those hills, or just watch someone with a new truck like a h2, super duty, etc and wait for them to do something supid and tear up a 40K truck. The dunes can get quite big and you can catch some serious air on a bike out there.

Usually on big weekends robby gordon is out there with one of his trophy trucks and he can be a freakin nut the way he drives that thing. But its all fun, you have to be there to see how fun it is. Pictures do not do it justice at all. The dunes themselves are amazing too, things that you only see in pictures, and the night is crazy how many stars you can see. Which when you live in LA says alot. But its not for everyone, I like to go only a few times a year, the rest of the time I ride mostly track, or a bit of desert. (little sand)This isnt me but it shows how crazy dune jumping can get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Oh and btw, the most fun night I had was watching a bunch of drunk fools hopelessly jump 50's over and through the camp fire, and among many other mindless acts that can result in someone gettting hurt. Of course when your drunk and you dont know the people it is a riot.

15. general blaze

my bike is a 96 yz250 its bored and stroked. it handels the sand just fine.ya i was going to keep running it but the people i was with on their quads wanted to go so i had to meet them back at camp.. the crew that gave you beer were probably part of the crew i was with. were they on quads. if so what did they look like.. Well we def have to get together next time.. our camp was huge last weekend. we probably had 4 sand rails 3 rock climbers. 7 ATCs 22 quads 9 dirtbikes and some other random crap..hahah it was a blast.

16. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Look's like fun to me, will have to visit glamis some time this year.
    Thanks for sharing the pics:bow:

17. general blaze

haha that is funny we did the same thing. we jumped damn near everyting we had over the fire.. including a sand rail and my blazer...hahahah

18. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. I would like to take a vacation out west some time.

19. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

Yup I have that crusty's video... he busts a 150 foot jump over about 300 people... most insane thing on that video. Must have got 45 ft of air.

20. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Drive up to Silver Lake sometime, plenty to keep you busy, and mud if your tuff enough.