Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some praise for Midwest K5 Thing

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by rick88blaze, Mar 26, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

first of all i am originally from Illinois. born and raised there in a little town called Casey. it's right on I-70 30 miles west of Terre Haute, In.
    second, mudzer, i read your "read this before posting here", but i thought all of you would appreciate what i have to say.
    I wish I had known about CK5 and Midwest K5 Thing when I was still there or when i was stationed at Whiteman AFB, Mo for almost 6 years. I plan on getting stationed back in the midwest again in the next year or two. my wife and i both hate it here in vegas. when we get back up there i plan on tracking some of you down so you can show me some trails and mudpits to go play on. all i had growing up were our fields, and neighbors fields and dirt back roads after a good rain storm. i joined the Air Force when i was 19. and didn't have my first 4x4 until i was 23. i never imagined there were so many places in Il, In, and Mo to go 4 wheeling. if you can't tell i really miss being in the midwest. we've been out here in las vegas for just over 2 miserable years now. to sum it all up, i hope all of you can find a place to squeeze me into some of your 4wheeling fun when the Air Force lets me move back up that way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

thanks,
    rick

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

We will be glad to add you to the group. We will try to schedule some local runs when you get back to God's Country.

See ya when you get here! Thanks for the praise. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. tyger25

tyger25 Registered Member

Where in the Midwest are you planning to be stationed? I've been stationed at Little Rock for 4 years now.

4. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Rick, welcome to the MidwestK5Thing! forum!
    Be sure to let one of us know when you're back in the area.

Neil, could you imagine how happy he would be if he was stationed at Fort Wood??

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I was at Whiteman AFB for almost 6 years, we are going to try and go to back to Whiteman, if not not there, then Offut AFB. we thought about Scott, but we don't want to be that close to St. Louis. i mentioned Little Rock to my wife but for some reason she was dead set against it. i might slip it onto my dream sheet and if i get it i'll just tell her "that's what they gave me, it wasn't my choice" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif