Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some Progress

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, May 12, 2006.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Took a few pics today of the cage, it has a little further to go but I should have it back by Wednesday. Tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is 1.75 OD DOM .095 wall thickness, yes I know most people use .120 wall but after alot of research I feel it will be able to survive, tied into the frame at 6 places, if I can get it painted this weekend I will post more. And yes i borrowed heavily from Steve's truck when it was still a truck.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks great dude. You planning on running any kind of seats?:p: :haha:

Since its a progress post, I just happen to have some updated pics of mine. Hope you don't mind if I post them in here.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sapper

Sweet, why did you have to run the block on the steering arm? Hopefully I will have it back before the work weekend at URE, if not I will be there on the long weekend. You got any fenders laying around? I have decided to do this to the front. But both of my fenders are screwed up. Not sure about the back, may have to wait for the fuel cell to free up some room for cuting it too.

[​IMG]

4. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looking good!! I guess you can still fit the rear seat in there? Kinda what I am wanting to do to protect the family.

Clay

5. clarkjw24

Thats not a block thats my steering arm. Its a picture from the passagers back side. I was showing the aftermarket brackets that allow me to run 3/4ton callipers and rotors:p:

I've got a set of fenders but I've already promised them to Steve. Give me a few weeks and I'll see if I can dig up a set for you.

Thanks for telling me James was back.:rolleyes: Just got off the phone with him. Maybe we'll all be there next weekend....just like old times.

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

To all, Looking good, now in the search for another project. Give me a call when your ready to go and get her.

7. sapper

Why you want to see what that duramax will do with a load???? Probablly wont even know its there, I have light enough now that my gasser forgets about it sometimes. I need to figure out what color to paint it, the five points are all blue

8. clarkjw24

I don't know why but when I think of you I think............Pink.:haha:

J/k whats wrong with the color it is now?

9. 79Stomper

Last time I seen your truck it was black. Didn't realize it was your truck at first. I just want to see what it feels like to tow with the thing. Might be a while before i get another rig so see what it does with 34000 miles and compare later. If I had straps and a tag for the trailer I would have loaded the Jeep up and ran around town with it all ready.

10. sapper

It will be a waste of effort, when I was going to buy that 02 with the first gen duramax it was a night and day difference, with the LLy you have it will literally feel like towing a lawnmower. I dont know why I painted it grey, I might go another color down the road but for now I just want it back, wire up the fans that are stuck on the rad, adjust my t case linkage and go wheeling.

11. 79Stomper

Well this is the first truck I have had since my 85 LWB 1500 in 98. I think the wife is jealous because I have a newer vehicle than hers. She has been hinting around at an 06 or an 07. What happened to you not liking the narrowed front end anyways?