Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some questins about my build up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JDELBLAZ, Oct 27, 2003.

1. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

1) when doing th ford shock tower and the 9012 shocks is 9012 the part # you order and do they come in diferent lengths or is ot a 1 size fits all tipe thing

2)for cross over steering what year 2wheel drive box should i buy and model

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

9012 is the part number for the rancho 9000 shock series. Part number 9012 has 1 length. Buy a box for the same year truck you have, just to be safe. The truck you want it for is a Chevy R10 (2WD truck). I know there is a range of years you can use (84 and up is metric i think). GM changed from standard sized lines to metric sometime.

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

#2 - you can replace the sector shaft ONLY if you want to. Any 2WD GM truck will have a sector shaft that you can install into your 4WD box. My local junkyard sold mine to me for $15 the first time, and $10 the second time. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just pull the 4 bolts on the top of the sector shaft assy.(steering box), remove the large nut below the pitman arm, pull the pitman arm, and pull that puppy right out of there. Much cheaper than a new box. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan