Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some recent pics and questions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Jul 13, 2005.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

Hey just some pics of my 89 blazer pretty stock except for a tbi spacer K&N filter and a auburn posi in the rear and removed cat.
    Any ways its got a TBI 355 (about 4,000 KM on it)/Th700r4 with a tranny cooler and some sort of a shift kit installed/np241/10 bolts (found a 14 bolt FF just wondering how much i should be asking for it???)
    Its my DD and i want to lift it and put on some 35" BFG Mud Terrains with probaly a 6" suspension lift.
    any sugestions would be appreciated :bow:
    I also have a set of heddman headers and am wanting to put those on soon but i currently have a single 3 inch pipe hoping to go to a dual setup with about a 2.5 inch pipes and some nice sounding series 40 mufflers any thoughts???
    thanks and heres some pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thanks and i love my :k5:

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

longtube headers are awsome and with 2.5 in exhaust, 2 cats,and 2 mufflers, it sounds great.

IMO you only need 4 inches of lift to run 35s.

Depending on the actual size of them you might not need to trim your fenders atall, but if they are a full sized 35 like a swamper or something, you will have to do minimal fender trimming.it looks like you dont mind tearing up your blazer, so a little trimming wont kill ya

4inches will also prevent your drive shafts from being a problem, im not sure but i think 6 pushes it.

the 14bff depending on whats inside (gears, locker) you should ask 50-200 bucks for it.

150 is a fair price for one that is in decent shape that came out of a running truck IMO

i got mine for 100 with 2 wheels and tires and 3:73 gears

when it is a military axle and has 4:56 and a detroit your looking at a litte more, but those are less common