Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some Semi Urgent Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xCLIFxCATx, Aug 24, 2006.

1. xCLIFxCATx

xCLIFxCATx Registered Member

hey im doing truck pulls next weekend and i have a 4" block in the back of my long bed...im going to squat the back down and chain it so there isnt very much movement and throw a mafia block in the back for some weight my question is whats a good quick solution to wheel hop? i was thinking make a traction bar by welding a shock mount like bracket onto my diff and to the frame and making a bar...i just need to do it pretty quick any suggestions would help thanks alot

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'll second ditching the block. that's going to do a couple of things for you.

first it will eliminate wheelhop. second it will eliminate a stress point. and third, by squatting the back of the truck down 4" from where it normally is will transfer more weight to the rear tires giving the same effect as the balast weight you're already planning on adding.

if you're pulling with the 1500 Suburban in your profile, throw this all out the window and dont hook it up to anything. 4L60E + 10 bolt + heavy load = well, lets just say scrap metal. :deal:

4. xCLIFxCATx

xCLIFxCATx Registered Member

yah i have to keep the block or maybe do a shackle flip because i have 38.5s so i cant fit them...i pulled the burb last year and it did really good..would do better but pretty under powered