Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some snowy pics of yesterday

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 27, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yesterday was our first snowstorm of the year (so speak of... more than an inch accumulated that stuck to the ground). Pretty pathetic actually cause 15 years ago we'd have already had a foot or more.

Anyways, we played around a little with the new dusting. I was playing musical Chevy's.

The Truck Blazer popped out a rubber replacement freeze plug I had installed last week and I lost all my new coolant. Then I took the '82 K5 up a little trail on the backside of the property, and we all crammed into the '78 2wd Crew Cab for the long 40mph drive home on snowy roads.

Me in the Truck Blazer going through the mudhole:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Me in the '82 K5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Keith and Jennifer's 4-Runner
    [​IMG]

Wayne's Baby bronco
    [​IMG]

Steve's Toyota
    [​IMG]

Bill's Ford
    [​IMG]

Ready to head out:
    [​IMG]

Me driving the '78 2wd Crew Cab crammed with 7 Lundberg's inside (our last name) towing an empty trailer. One Lundberg isn't directly related, and the other 5 consisted of my nephew, his wife, and their 3 daughters... my great nieces. Thats why I need a crew cab. Too bad I'm stuck driving a 2wd one now.
    [​IMG]

I was able to do about 40mph most of the way back into town. Even though it was 2wd, the long wheelbase sure helped. Wayne in the Bronco II had to go about 25 max. The roads were not very great for travel.

Once we got to Spokane it cleared up some and I loaded up my Nephews Jeep (which he broke his rear end gears in) and I towed it to their home 100 miles west of Spokane then came back to Spokane. At least I-90 was clear and I was able to go 60-75mph.

Now I have to go back up north and pick up and tow an '86 Caddy and haul it to Metaline Falls, Wa, and I hear its still snowing hard. Moral of the Story: I need to fix my '81 4x4 Crew Cab.

2. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Looks like fun! Where is your property located? I have 5 acres in Hauser Lake Idaho about 45 minutes East of Spokane. I might be heading up there after Christmas to do a little property clearing.

3. mountainexplorer

It's about 85 miles north of Spokane... and about 20 miles or a bit less from the Canadian border, in the northeast corner of Washington State.

So is your property just land or anything built on it?

4. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It used to have a cabin on it from when I grew up as a kid but now its run down and falling apart. Thats why my parents and I are going up there, to rip the rest of it down and burn it. We plan on putting a metal poll barn up with a small apartment on top to be used as a vacation place.

5. mountainexplorer

That's cool. Looks like it's quite a drive from where you are. I'm guessing that it's been in the family for a while.

6. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

Sunday was a good day for a snow run like that. I was up north but I went up highway 2 to newport. We went up to Sandpoint to get a christmas tree. Got to have a test run in the snow with the burb and its new tires, plus pulling the car trailer :laugh:

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Gawd, I miss snow.... Ya'll are lucky - and don't disagree, 'cause it's been waaaay too long for me.