Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some sunday wheeling

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BOWTIE, Nov 25, 2002.

1. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

at a place thats called "the den"

we go here all the time, but i decided to take some pictures this time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

check em out http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/members/albun09

ric

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

I would definitely like to get together with you and wheel there. The Slab is great, but I would like to see what San Antonio has to offer too! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Should we start planning a run?

Thomas.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

we had a guy from galveston come down by himself to check this place out and he loved it. as a matter of fact he is the guy with the white jeep in the pictures.

even after we left he stayed to play some more.

this place is not big like katemcy or anything like that, but it makes for a good day run not to far from home.

let me know what you guys want to do

ric

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun. I'am in some day soon I hope. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Why don't any of you guys run front bumpers? I have to have my curb feelers because I drive trails using the braile method.

6. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

most of the time the type of terrain were on was bumper/body friendly. rock is a new ball game for us. you could tell by the tires, mud was a major part of the weekend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

we have a shop in town that's gonna bust out the bender and set us up as far as protection /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ric

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I noticed the definate presence of boggers as I reached for the trash can to [​IMG]

After rock crawling, you will never to want to run mud again. Come up here sometime, and I will show you some real wheeling.

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

they're not that bad. after you cut them and run single digit pressure they work better.

i guess all the "non traction" these tires offer will make me a better wheeler. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

you know you can't make it too easy, it still needs to be fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ric

9. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Had to mess with ya. Since you guys actually do get in the mud, they are a decent compromise.

It is hard enough for me to keep my rig together, I don't need anything else to screw up the process.

Y'all coming to BB '03?

10. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

not to sure...

hey do you remember when we meet in Katemcy???

you had asked me about my mounts that i used for hilift jack, if you still need some i have a pair that i can send you. no charge, just give me a mailing address and they're yours. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ric

11. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I remember meeting you guys, even though I didn't get much wheeling in that day. I am going to try and come down to Mason on the first weekend of May. Look forward to wheeling with you guys again.

Thanks for the offer on the hi-lift mounts, but I will probably build some into the bed I am making in a few weeks.