Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some Th400/203/Ford 205 Doubler questions...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by JK5, Dec 4, 2003.

1. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

First of all...
    I have a HP D60 I want to install..

I curious what clocking would YOU recommended for a Th400/GM203/Ford205 Doubler for HIGH clearence??

Is a 6" lift enough??

I have Hedman headers that will be in the way...
    so I know I will have to get some shortys...
    What exhaust & driveshaft issues can I run into???

Thanks

Jerry /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ps...Those Hard compound bushings have taken a beating...
    I very happy!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Some Th400/203/Ford 205 questions...

I always recommend less lift rather than more, so I'd edge more toward a 3-4" lift than the 6". I had to have a 1350 CV with some pretty good angular capability and my suspension linkage was built to keep the pinion up so the shaft would be happier. I probably had more droop travel than you will though, so keep that in mind. Our "flat rotation" kit makes the outputs level with each other so you can get out a tape measure and start checking some angles with your existing setup. I think if you're willing to drop the ride height a bit, you can get away with the flat belly version.

I don't know what height my suspension is sitting at right now but I usually have about 25" under the belly/frame and it's pretty high. I have a hard time hitting it without getting into really nasty terrain.

For exhaust, you're kind of on your own, some shorty headers seem mandatory, brand is up in the air, the JBA's on my BBC worked well but required some frame surgery on the pass. side to make them fit. The tubes are also tight running down the frame rails around the t-cases.
    Tranny pan clearance should not be a problem at all, even with a bigger tube driveshaft.

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I always recommend less lift rather than more, so I'd edge more toward a 3-4" lift than the 6". I had to have a 1350 CV with some pretty good angular capability and my suspension linkage was built to keep the pinion up so the shaft would be happier. I probably had more droop travel than you will though, so keep that in mind. Our "flat rotation" kit makes the outputs level with each other so you can get out a tape measure and start checking some angles with your existing setup. I think if you're willing to drop the ride height a bit, you can get away with the flat belly version.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could change it to 4"...I would consider coilovers..
    then I could run 42"s..
    and still get my rig in the garage... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is that a steel or ALUMINUM fabbed part???
    What is included with the flat belly version?
    Who has one?

Thanks

Jerry /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Billet alum, just like the rest.
    Kit's very similar to the rest of them, all the parts to put the 2 cases together.
    We machine a lot of flats around the perimeter of the main plate to allow you lots of mounting options, to be honest, we haven't found a real great way to mount it. My bro has one in miniwally and it's actually suspended from the chassis but we're not satisfied with it, despite the fact that it apparently works pretty good.
    Look at this:
    ORD Custom Rotation page

That gives you an idea what it looks like.