Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some thing broke any suggestions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by earl87gta, Sep 10, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I was out playing in the mud today and one of the guys got stuck and I have the biggest truck so I was volunteered to pull him out. It shouldn’t have been a problem I had been in 4hi most of the day when I went to pull him out I put it in 4L and went to pulling then I had a big pop and the truck stopped moving forward I thought maybe I broke a universal joint or something on the front axle that’s ware the sound seemed to have came from I got out of the blazer and every thing looked ok so I went to back up and take the rope of so I went to put it in 2w to see if it would move and nothing happened so I then put it in 4h and ever thing worked I even pulled the guy out . I got the struck back on the black top I put it back in 2w and it did not moved so I had to drive it in 4h to get it home and it didn’t like that to much made a lot of noise I only had to go about 200 yards to get it home so it wasn’t a long trip or any thing Any one have any Ideas with what’s going on with my blazer. . I guess my transfer case has a problem if I put it in 2w or 4L the rear does not move if it’s in 4H every thing works. I don’t get it. I have a transfer case out of a doge but I don’t know if it would work with my trans or not. On a side note I have a D60 rear out of a doge truck that I was going to swap in I also have the D44 from the same truck but it has a weird mounting set up and there is no way it will work with my blazer unless I do some mods to my frame to move the spring hangers way out and I don’t think it would be safe so I know all the knuckles brakes will all change over to the D44 I’m using in the truck now my question is can I use the gears from the d44 in the doge in the d44 in my blazer or do I have to spring for new gears in one of the axles. I’m going to try and get a D60 if I can find one this week If not Ill need to do the gear change I don’t want to go with out my toy for more then to weeks it’s a daily driver all summer and only gets a little use in the winter no top get kind of cold.
    Thanks Guys
    Earl

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

sounds like something popped in your T-case. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I don't know much about the internals though sorry.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well you symptoms sound like a 203 with a busted chain but since you didn't tell us jack about what case you have...hell if I know.... My mind reading skills are in the toilet today.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    My mind reading skills are in the toilet today.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're slipping Grimmy, you used to be so much better at reading minds.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

6. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im not sure if its a 203 or a 205 Ive got to get under thier today and take a look to see what I got.
    Earl