Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some things are cheaper on the Net

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattman, Apr 11, 2001.

1. mattman

mattman 1/2 ton status

I needed a new wiper switch for my '90. I went to GMC and they had it but had to get it from another dealer (take a day) and the price was $90. I thought what the heck and checked carparts and expressautoparts. They both an Ac-Delco part number for it and they wanted about $45-$50 for it but about a week delivery (next day was an extra $50). I wrote down the part number to check against when I got it from GMC. Got it from GMC and it was the exact part number. I'll remember this in the future. However, the biggest reason I got it from GMC was I needed to SEE the part to make sure it was right and to figure out how the hell to put it in (big rant coming on this later - Ford's smarter than you think or GM's stupider, don't know which) which is hard to do on the websites. I didn't want to order it from carparts and find out it was wrong and do the return song and dance. Also, the kid at GMC has put up with me for the last three days and was real helpful (kinda rare these days). Just thought I'd pass this on. If you can get access the vaunted AC-Delco part numbers you can save money on the web.

90 GMC Jimmy, 350 TBI, 700R4, 32's
    84 Bronco II 204,000 miles and counting...........

2. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I went to 4WheelParts to get some Polyurethane bushings for my truck and they had a sticker price of $79 and on the web it was only $65 or something like that. I told the guy that and he said no problem. I'll ring it up as $65. They would have ripped me for $14 if I hadn't looked on the website prior to going it. Real honest. I'll make sure to check the prices before I go into the store every time from now on.