Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some waaaaay out there idears?????

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ntaj*ep, Oct 9, 2003.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think I will be getting a "new" tow rig, soon. Heres the idea, body either a suburban (67-72) or a crew cab (73-89?) get a cat 3208 or something and a 5-6 speed for the motorvation and tow away. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif Whaddya all think??

2. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

if you going to go for a bigger diesel go for the real deal, Mack /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Cool idea though, i would say go for it

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i like that last one. It would be cool to be able to carry a truck right on the back of another. And have a seelper too boot! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

whats going on with th HD? gonna fix it?
    grant

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i like that last one. It would be cool to be able to carry a truck right on the back of another. And have a seelper too boot! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to build something like that out of a 1.5 ton military 4x4 that was stretched to 12' frame = 15' bed.
    I still might but I think this other crew cab with all the goodies, that is sweet although no idea what the reserve is.

Well if it's waaaaaaaaaaaayy out there then go for big dreams man, don't hold back.

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well at this point yes, but just so I can have it for a little bit while on the market basiclly /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    The dealer is splitting the cost of the repair with me so I can only hope for the best.

8. azblazor

You had to bring this thread up didn't you. I went and bought that ebay 84 K30 Crew cab 6.2 banks & gearvendor OD that I put up in the URL above /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now I have to unload some trucks to even things (bank account) back out /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

9. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Mark-
    Very nice truck, I had thought about taking the plung on it but decided one project at a time is enough. Keep us updated once you get it.
    Cheers, rugger

10. azblazor

I can't seem to ever get down to 1 project. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

So you actually are the highest bidder that got it?
    Cool, let's hope it's in good shape, the banks and gearvendor alone make it worth the difference.
    I paid 3k for my SRW crew cab with a tired 350 and 465/205.
    I wish I had that option when I bought, 6K is a great deal on it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

HEHE, isn't it funny how things end up. I always end up getting something I never expected too.
    Good buy looks like though /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

13. azblazor

Yeah - I'm the high bidder. I've never paid that much for anything sight unseen before. Now that I've talked to the guy a few times I'm very comfortable with the sale. He owns an Auto repair business in Palm Springs, he's the second owner (they owned it for 14 years). Thay are family friends with the first owner. It's been garaged it's whole life. It's getting picked up this Sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It does have a NP205 behind the TH400 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now.......who wants my 1993 K2500 6.5TD/4l80E, mech fuel injection, 125k miles, a few dings here and there (right front crunch), starts, runs and drives excellent, AC works great! New front clip goes with it! Step right up....... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hey, if you can e-mail me a price and some pictures i would be interested...
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGrant

15. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah - I'm the high bidder. I've never paid that much for anything sight unseen before. Now that I've talked to the guy a few times I'm very comfortable with the sale. He owns an Auto repair business in Palm Springs, he's the second owner (they owned it for 14 years). Thay are family friends with the first owner. It's been garaged it's whole life. It's getting picked up this Sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It does have a NP205 behind the TH400 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now.......who wants my 1993 K2500 6.5TD/4l80E, mech fuel injection, 125k miles, a few dings here and there (right front crunch), starts, runs and drives excellent, AC works great! New front clip goes with it! Step right up....... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well before price and other things, I am guessing 2wd right?
    If so No thanks.

16. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Its a K2500 So its a 4x4. C2500's are the 2wd. Sounds like a nice truck.

17. azblazor

The 93 K2500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif is the fancy one, power every thing, is a 4x4 with a 6.5 TD - 4L80E/NP241 3/4 ton with a 14FF in rear. Runs excellent, glows good, cruise works, AC works,4x works, (I don't think the stereo is working though) It got hit in the right/front and then spun around so there are some dents along the passenger side and the tailgate. It's a standard cab with grey interior in pretty good shape. Exterior is white with the factory black fender flares. The winshield needs replaced also. The hood is still good as well as the cab and doors (except cab has a small dent on extreme lower rear corner about the size of a grapefruit. I have a complete replacement front clip including another hood, fenders, inner and outer, radiator support, bumperIt has a fithwheel ball in bed as well as a nice reciever hitch, towing package etc. This was the last year for the mechanical fuel injection and has the highest rated injection pump of all the mechanical years. And of course it has the "stand-alone" factory 4l80E transmission controller. I bought it to strip for my 78 Suburban, but everytime I look at it I think..........Hmmmmmmm....... that's too nice of a truck to strip /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (I keep looking at how much these are selling for on Ebay even with a lot more miles)

Now ....who wants the 78 Suburban (previous owner a master auto mech) /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif , built 396 w/bit-O-chrome and red paint, aluminum battery box with a Optima Red top, headers, dual exh and Flowmasters, th400/np205 3.73-10/12 w/Auburn LS and moser axles, dual/AC (new compressor just locked up - freeze-12), square tube luggage rack, new grey interior and headliner, cool Lokar floor shifter, tilt, factory tach, no stereo, manual windows and locks, all good glass, good body - not cut ( 35's have barely kissed the corners), 4" lift, new 35" BFG ATs with nice Eagle wheels, class 3 reciever hitch, and a not yet installed TBI system for a BBC (Oh yeah.......one small thing - Oil pressure is normal until its gets warm then lowers to about 10 with a small rod knock after it gets totally warmed up - reason for the 6.5TD project /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

I ought to make somebody a package deal on both trucks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Who needs a really awesome project for this winter...............end up with two great running, rust free, AZ trucks (clear titles) (after a few rod bearings in the 396)??? Yeah that's the ticket.........somebady make me an offer I can't refuse. Oh buy the way I'm buying that 84 dually /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif for 5923.....hint,hint (which is obviously less than I have into these other two trucks...... but /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif ?)

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Its a K2500 So its a 4x4. C2500's are the 2wd. Sounds like a nice truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what happened to me, I guess my mind is somewhere else (thinking of my girlfriend that is comming next week) I am usually the one that see's these small details K for 4wd.

Well I have to sort out my finances and then if no one made you an offer that you accepted I might be a new owner of that truck.
    Don't hold your breath though.