Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some wheeling pics from saturday

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Jun 27, 2005.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my cousin and I went to a local park to play. we hit alot of trails, the last one we had to turn around because it was so tight that i couldn't get threw, not to mention get around the corners with out seriously damaging my truck. got alot of pics of the back of my truck but here are the good ones.

the breakage, a slave cylinder, a trip to the auto parts store and $57 and i was back in business, and crunched my fender and door gap, you can see it in the last pic.

i really miss my gov loc, open diffs suck. i could go alot more places without spinning a tire, but i like the 4.10s better than the 3.42s

the second pic was deeper than i thought. i checked it with a stick and didn't seem that deep. took us 2 hours to get out. a winch would have worked alot better than our come-a-long and chain. this is where my slave took a dump. once i got out of this hole, i slide into another one almost just as deep on only 1 side 30' ahead.

this pic, the rear tire was wedged on the tree, and my front pass corner was trying to push the big tree that you can somewhat see. my bumper protected the corner, i got it threw, and pushed in the clutch a bit and rolled back and smacked the tree preaty hard. just took some paint off the bumper.

then just some cool pics

100_1540.JPG

100_1532.JPG

100_1563.JPG

100_1589.JPG

100_1590.JPG

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Hey man, I would have come down, but I get roped into doing some other stuff all morning. Plus, I was wrenching to get ready to take the rig on vacation tomorrow. Looks like a typical day at the mounds!

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yea i wish more people showed up, but it was still fun. got to hit alot of trails that we probably wouldn't have gone down with more people there.

it did seem alot like last year with you and daryl there, just hotter. :blush:

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

5. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

that is why im questioning paint on my rig... just primer her up and keep some cans in the truck....

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The story of my life. :D Looks like fun.