Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody Cry Me a River... (I Need a Hug!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Apr 19, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Oh, what a mess... I'm about to make a deep dark confession... But first...

I've had a garage ever since I was in 4th grade. I went from building bicycles to lawn mowers to motorcycles to cars and 4x4s...

Then when I moved away from home and searched for a home of my own, the garage was more important than the house...

Long story short, we had to move fast for a job at the beginning of this year, and we couldn't find a rental house with a garage. Houses with garages are rare here at all, let alone for rent. So we took a nice home and I figured I could limp through a year without a garage... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I was sadly mistaken... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

The Camaro is now sitting on the front lawn, having finally quit me completely after warning me for several months that its Optispark was going to go... It needs, at a minimum:

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Optispark, Plugs, and Wires.
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Water Pump.
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Clutch. Upgrading to McLeod Dual Friction for complete overkill. (Much more power coming next summer...)
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Brakes. Not Just 'Brakes', but 'BRAKES', meaning all 4 rotors, calipers, and I'm upgrading the front to LS1 dual piston calipers...

While I've got it that far apart, I'll probably do SLP headers and Cat-Back.

So I'm now driving the K5 to work, which is in itself a bit of work, since there is a full 1/2 turn of slop in the steering. It takes both hands and all of my upper body just to keep it in a straight line, and a full body workout to twist and turn down the Lynchburg Expressway in Morning/Evening traffic up and down the hills. (Note to Mud Tire Dudes... 33" Mud Tires make an entirely different screech just before breaking traction than 275/40 Kuhmo's do!!!)

So I won't even go into the repairs the Van needs, as it still runs faithfully day in and day out and if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

So Look how far I've Fallen... I haven't done a 'Real' vehicle project since my 3.5 year old son was born ('Real' being one where I'm out in the garage every night for weeks and all day on weekends until my latest 'Creation' lives and breathes under its own power...) Not only that, but I don't even have a garage!!! So I'm doing the driveway thing on a pretty major revamp of the Camaro soon, and juggling Dad Duty all the while, not knowing how long it will take to get the Camaro moving under its own power given my schedule with my kids.

I can't believe I'm without a garage... Even during the College Years when I lived in an apartment, I could still go home to my garage as long as the vehicle ran... The asphalt was only used for emergency repairs to get the vehicle home... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

So pity me, make fun of me, loan me your garage, give me a hug, call me a fool, but somebody do something!!! How could I have possibly NOT seen this coming? "I'll get by for a year without a garage." Yeah, right!!! I was inviting vehicle troubles!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sorry to hear man. just keep confident that you will find a great house with a big garage! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

You can use my garage but Im not gonna hug you.

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This is simple man...

Just place an ad in the newspaper looking for a garage to rent.... Explain that you only want to work on cars in there and you will be welcomed with opened arms because of the PLUS they get with renting you thier garage. They get you too... Get it? you.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifand your tools... Not a bad deal either way... Win Win!

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have a 3 bay shop and a 3 car garage...hahahaha!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a 3 bay shop and a 3 car garage...hahahaha!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fumie! You oughta be shot for that! Have pitty on the garage impaired! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Dang you can suck at times! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Quit yer bitchin! I've never had a garage, hell I just have a gravel driveway! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. landsmasher

Thaz what I'm talking about

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a 3 bay shop and a 3 car garage...hahahaha!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You Fool! Now that I know the location of your 3 bay garage, I'm going to sneak over to Van Diego Washifornia tonight, disassemle your garage, and sneak back to Virginia with it in my K5!!! [Insert Maniacal Laugh) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quit yer bitchin! I've never had a garage, hell I just have a gravel driveway! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Egads!!! I think you can get on disability for that!!! I'd make some calls and see where to apply!!!

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. landsmasher

Well,,, all I can say is I now gots 20 acres in the middle of nowhere to put up MY garage and there aint nobody around to tell me not to.... LOL! Right Thunder?" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well,,, all I can say is I now gots 20 acres in the middle of nowhere to put up MY garage and there aint nobody around to tell me not to.... LOL! Right Thunder?" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy Crap! A 20 acre garage!!! How many bays is that? Can anyone convert 'Acres' to 'Garage Bays' for me? My calculator doesn't go that high!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think it's 1,345...or is that the length of my penis...I get things confused.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. landsmasher

No dang it.. LOL! It's 20 acres to put up what ever size I want... And remember ,,,, Its not the size of the gargage,,,, but how ya use it that counts..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it's 1,345...or is that the length of my penis...I get things confused.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

|<-------------------------------------------->|
    Whaddya mean when you tell me that ain't 8 inches? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    |<-------------------------------------------->|

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think that's 8 Canadian inches...not sure though.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The Camaro is now sitting on the front lawn,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Concreat with green dye makes a nice lawn if You ask Me.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned