Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody in the Military please explain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derf00, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am in the contracting business and do work at the local Air Force base. Since 9/11 the secuirity has gotten pretty tough at times, and every vehicle is subject to search when entering the base. With proper ID issued by the base it is pretty easy to get on base, but you are still subject to random searches, which brings up my question.

When vehicles are searched, the occupants are asked to step away from the vehicle while the MP's do their search and run the dog through the vehicle. To date, I have never seen any individual searched or asked for anything other than ID. It seems to me that an individual could transport anything he could conceal on his body on to the base?

2. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

The main purpose behind this isnt for someone carried concealed weapons. It is for car bombs and other explosive devices. Hope this helps. I do not agree with the searching of vehicles and not people but I can say while being in afghanastan they search the local people and vehicles coming on base and leaving base. That is the way things should be in the states.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

We're not worried about hand guns or small amounts of explosive, they are trying to keep out the truck loads that will do major damage

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Were you hoping for a full cavity search :blush: j/k

I've had the dog thru my stuff a few times. Never been hassled with any body searches either. I would guess if they find anything suspicious in your vehicle then there would be other searches. I've had lots of things they either missed or didn't care about in my car..knives, steel batons, escrima sticks. Once I left a full clip for my .45 in the glove box and they didn't say anything.

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Well it would take a lot more nerve than I have got to try and get by two armed MP's who are backed up by a Humvee with a .50 on top which is trained in your general direction.

6. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Even if you had explosives on your person when driving up to the check point the residual traces would still be in the vehicle, the dog would be able to smell it. Dont ask me how they do it but they can even smell drugs and explosives hidden in a fuel tank in most cases.