Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Somebody" messed with my pup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Jan 4, 2005.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

To make a long story short, I live in a relatively quiet neighborhood, with the exception of some asshat wannabe gangstas that moved in catty corner from us. The rest of the 'hood is basically hard workin' middle class folks. Well, our new puppy (got her for the wifey's b-day in Sept.) is well behaved, but she doesn't care for the above mentioned neighbor's either. She was barking at them Saturday night, and granted they were just hangin' out listening to music, being rather unobtrusive. On Sunday, the dog's out frolicking with the kids in the yard (we have a gated yard). Sunday night, barking at the neighbors again. Come Monday, my dog won't leave her house, and refused to eat or drink out of her dishes. I thought it may have been because the weather was cooling off. Last night, she still hadn't eaten or drank anything, and still wouldn't come out of her house. The wife brought her inside this morning, along with her food and water from the previous night. Dog still wouldn't eat out of the dishes! I ask the wife to dump the food and water and clean the dishes out well. Lo and behold, the dog starts eating. Like I said, we have a gated yard (though not locked). What do y'all think? I know what I think.:angry1: Oh yeah, what can I do about it? Thanks.

John

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Hard to say on this one.... Canines have sensory abilities far greater then ours, but they only come to be so with age, and in some cases, training. Given that your pup is still young, I think that if there were any type of a contamination in the bowls, you'd have been able to tell also.

Plus, are these kids (teenagers), or adults that you suspect may have messed with the dog? Regardless, though, it would seem that if they are as 'hard' as you say they are, they'd have done more drastic things then contaminate or spoil the pups food. Now, I'm not saying that they may not have intimidated your pup, or scared it into his doghouse for a while, but from the sound of it, it sounds unlikely that they did anything to the bowls - that's just too personal and drawn out.

That's just my $.02.

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I would take it to the vet to be on the safe side. how old it the pup? my dog had PARVO when he was 6 months old and had kind of the same smpytoms has yours.

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

watch em'

hidden camers dude set one up pointed in the back yard get your proof if something sinister is happening

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Parvo is bad stuff. Take the pup to the vet and have it checked out.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yep gets them real fast and costs alot to have it fixed even then it is only 50/50chance of the surviving.
    we bought a great dane pup off one of the guys selling them on the road and he ended up having Parvo so we took him to the vet and they did surgery but he ended up passing away within a week. :frown1:

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Parvo shouldn't be a problem unless you got the pup from a really crappy breeder who doesn't get their pups vaccinated

8. SkulzNBonz

Well, she's not sick. Like I said, she wouldn't eat or drink out of her dishes until they were cleaned, and the filled with fresh food and water, and then she went to town. The puppy is about six months old, about 50 lbs, and is a black and tan coon dog/rottweiller (sp?) mix. Looks mostly like coon dog, with the mannerisms, instincts, and bark to match. My buddy had a litter, and she was the first pick. Real healthy dog, and she's had her shots. Looking more and more like someone spiked her food and water, but she smelled it, and wouldn't eat or drink. Also got spooked and possibly hit/kicked. As of yesterday she was real active. Back to her old self. The neighbors have been warned, and are aware of my suspicions. Thanks all. I just can't believe someone would try and harm a dog that may bark at them, but has no way of getting out and hurting them. Scumbags.

John

9. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

go spike there fridge ad get back at them that is so stupid do that to a dog

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

yes , replace all their beer with cheap pop....:grin:

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if anything they may have peeped on the food and water.and maybe the pup also. if they hit her i think you would have heard her yell. do the punks front you or your neighbors off?never back down from them(you don't sound like the type to do so) , that way they know where you stand on ass holeism. i've had a few rounds with the peep down the streets kids. driving bt at 50 mph in a 25 zone with kids out playing:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . that i can't handle, with a few retaliations on my part it's shady acres again.:)

12. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

call animal controll or the local department of agriculture if the already don't like you and have one of thier officers go explain to them the trouble they can get into. It helps if you have a buddy that works for the state call more than just us average folks.

13. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

There is no excuse for mistreating a dog, but if you have a dog that barks constantly it shouldnt be left outside for extended periods of time. Trust me, I have 2 neighbors that do that.

14. SkulzNBonz

No, she doesn't bark constantly. I thinks she hates rap music:p:

Boggerless: The neighbors in question have pretty much decided that I am "THE crazy white guy". We have had a couple of run in's. They pretty much have accepted the fact that I don't take any guff, nor be bullied, and have since quieted down.

I think perhaps that perhaps one of their friends who hasn't been warned may have spiked the food. I wouldn't think urine, as she eats her own excrement:doah: Dogs are funny about pee/poo that ain't their own though.

All in all, the dog is back to normal, and the word is out that trespassers will be shot, and survivors will be shot again:whistle:

John

15. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I understand the crazy guy thing. The people getting the house built accross the road were lookin' at it the other day and my boy was doin' donuts in the yard with his bronco. Some others were walkin' down the road while pulling the bronco out of the mud strip with the k-10. Bet they are wondering what they moved in near. I wouldn't build a $200,000 house accross from a guy that has 16 dog kennels in his side yard and 2 primer 4x4s in the drive.:screwy: