Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody please get me a drink and some pity violins.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyHuny, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> The most wonderful thing happened to me and I just thought I would share it with the people I know would appreciate it the most. I have been keeping my mouth shut (or my typing fingers) until I got word on what the outcome was going to be. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I have been unable to enjoy my truck after its rebuild. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif All of the hard work and time was put to a big halt once my transmission gave out on me. I have not even registered it yet if that shows you how soon. I had to scrimp, save and borrow money to try to get the tranny work done. Well last week I get a call from the shop.

Shop: We found out WHY your transmission failed

Me: oh? /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Shop: When we flushed the coolant out before installing the new transmission we noticed water in the tranny lines and tranny fluid in the radiator. Your radiator has a leak and it pumped water into your transmission causing things to seize and fail. We will take your radiator to a shop to get fixed.

Me: uhm ma dala fala WHAT?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif No, don't do anything I will call you back. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Talk to tranny shop and they say when they opened it they saw damage consistant with water in the tranny. (I wont splain details this is going to be long enough as it is).

You see I bought the radiator from a radiator shop who had rebuilt this one and sold it to me. So I call my dad because I do not know what to do.

<font color="red">*Edited* Unfortunatly I can not tell you too much now but I do promise to let you know how it all turns out. </font color>

Sorry for this being so long and my complaining. I think I will go meditate and Zen out [​IMG] before I go on a rampage and toss the radiator up someone's behind. [​IMG] </font color>

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Post up the name of the rad shop so we can all drop them some friendly (and I mean just that, no being crazy or cussing them out, only hurts you not them) emails to say why we won't be shopping there. I wouldn't buy from any place who is dealing like that. What a bunch of bull. So my truck needs a new rad since it's been sitting for 2 months? Suuuure. Did they try to sell you some ocean front property while you were there? I'd file a few complaints about them too with whoever ya can. Good luck to ya...

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Thank you steph.

I think I will do just that. I have never done something like that before though. Where do I go to file a complaint? Also, where can I check to see if other complaints have been filed against them before?

I will gladly post the name of the shop as soon as I figure out what I am going to do and or pick my money up.
    </font color>

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Boy does that bring back memories. I posted a rant in one of these forums about my "Radiator/Transmission Leak". Unfortunately I shat on all ASE's, which didn't help me get the info I needed...

However I can tell you how I finally fixed my tranny. I completely flushed the tranny fluid a total of 3 times and changed the filter. Problem fixed. Runs fine now. Note that to completely flush the tranny you need to take it to a shop that has a flusher machine that will heat up the fluid to 180 degrees. The machine also flushes the fluid out of the torque converter. This costs about $147. Or you can do it the way I did. Just dump the oil out the bottom and replace it and do this 3 times in order to get it all out. However this leaves the contaminated fluid in the torque converter which will take at least 2 more times to get it all out. If I had it to do all over I would have had it flushed by the shop with the machine. Gets it all done at once.

5. ChevyCaGal

The BBB you can file a complaint with. They don't do much though. Sometimes they do, but I think they are way hit and miss. Consumer Protection Agency (CPA) is another place to search. Check your local phone book under consumer to see what they have listed and search the net to see what you can find. Sounds like they sold you a rad they didn't test and now are hiding behind it's past 6 months even though it was giving you issues far before then thanks to their being idiots...

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[<font color="blue"> Thanks for the info landsmasher. The tranny work is already done. There was internal damage due to the water. The new tranny is already in the truck and it was while they were flushing everything that they found the leak (tranny fluid in radiator).

Everything should be fixed now (I hope). Unless the tranny fluid in the radiator did damage to the engine too. Geez I sure hope not. </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> I will definatly try those places Steph. I will be making some phone calls this afternoon. </font color>

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Sounds like they sold you a rad they didn't test and now are hiding behing it's past 6 months even though it was giving you issues far before then thanks to their being idiots...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> That is exactly what they are doing on top of giving me reasons that do not make sence mechanicly. I am glad that I am not the only one who feels that way. The tranny was giving me problems the day I drove the truck home from having the brakes fixed. I had not driven it before then obviously with no brakes. Grrrr not even one day. </font color>

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I was told to flush the engine also which I did and replace all the hoses because they will eventually break down from the tranny fluid being in there... IF you do that, make sure the heater is on at the time of the flush...

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> Well I have checked BBB and no complaints have been filed. The more I think about this the more madder I get. My dad suggested taking them to small claims court but with that stupid 6 month warranty I do not think I will win anything.

Maybe I should consider taking it to court. I worked really hard on this truck just to try to save money for them to come along and give me over 1,000 dollars worth of work and towing. I have never gone to court before /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What would you all do? </font color>

10. ChevyCaGal

<font color="blue">What would you all do? </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

Drive through their building a few times and flex on the managers desk, but that is just me personally.

I'd post up the shops info. Like I said we can write letters. Best way to hurt a place like this is to get people not to buy from them.

11. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

please tell me it isnt federal way radiator? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif they did it to me .

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> Well I really wish I could say who it was but after going through everything my dad has advised me to no longer talk about it for now . I know I sound like a little girl but my dad is really helping me out with all of this and I trust in what he says and is guiding me to do.

This is not a good thing that happend but right now I need move forward with getting my truck finished and not let this ruin what I have worked so hard for. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will update you all on what happens. </font color>

<font color="red"> Rob, no it wasnt but I have heard of them and had thought about going to them next to get the radiator rebuilt. Should I stay away from them? what happend? </font color>

13. uglychevyZZ4

I have had horrible luck with them, the Rad.. tech is an old geezer, and full of burbeon by 9:30 a.m. and always angry /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I have had great luck with the Performance Radiator on enchanted parkway across from costco. I hope it wasnt them, if it was lemmie know, i'll call them and tell them to satisfy you or i'll pull my stores account, which is for ******** well, i better not say, but they'd stand to lose alot of money over it. Is the tranny fixed? and if not, did you try the ffolks here to find a new one? I've done alot of business in this area and was a service manager for 12 years and know everyone, maybe help somehow.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> I will look into the enchanted parkway radiator thank you. Nope it wasnt them either. I will stay away from the federal way one too. I had thought about them becuase I saw they moved down the way from me. The last thing I need is more problems. lol So I will stay away from them.

The tranny has been rebuilt and is at the shop ready to put back in the truck. They are just waiting for me to bring them a radiator back and they will finish the job and the truck should be done. (*Mandy crosses fingers, knocks on wood, does cross on forehead, throws holy water around the room). I just have a big fat bill to pay and it will be a while longer before Gavin gets tires but I just have to not let it get me down.

That is very screwed that you had problems with that shop. Did they mess up your radiator too or your engine as well?

What is up with radiator shops, are they all nit wits lol ?
    (No offense to any of those radiator shop employees out there).
    </font color>

15. uglychevyZZ4

I will look into the enchanted parkway radiator thank you

[/ QUOTE ] its called " Performance Radiator "actually /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif they do good work. at least always do for me. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dont tell me you went to Buckys ?
    :scared as hell: /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    they messed up 3 radiators in a row, and nearly cost me a engine, and a tranny in my old 67" SS Chevelle /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i was very mad at them, and still wont recommend Fed Way Rad... to anyone.

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Heck no LOL. We called one of the Buckys to ask about the transmission. I gues the Buckys shop in federal wat(or maybe it was tacoma) does tranny work. Anyway Mike called and had got the price of 2000 to pull the tranny for my truck, rebuild it and put it back in. Then the next day I called. I asked them to price me for the same tranny on the same kind of truck. First I asked how much it would cost just to buy a rebuilt tranny. Guy said 650. I said ok well how much would just labor be for pulling and putting one back in. he said 300. Then I said that my boyfriend had called you yesterday and you quoted him 2000 dollars for doing exactly what you just told me you would do that only added up to 950. What is the extra thousand dollars for then? What do you do that is extra that cost an extra 1000 dollars? He had no answer, got so mad oh my he yelled and screamed and I hung up. Geez it was a perfectly liable questoin. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    They tacked on an extra 1000 dollars for that they could not answer for. They really try to ream you out there. So I do not think Buckys would even let me call them again LOL. All of the tranny shops wanted 1800 to 2000 for doing exactly what my shops are doing for 1000 less. </font color>

17. uglychevyZZ4

sounds like Buckys, i wouldnt let them touch my Lawnmower! All parts fail sooner or later, even too soon, but thats just a bad product and Id prove it. Id take em to small claims and get reimbursed for the damages. Federal Way has a good small claims judge, he dont care about warranties, he is cool. by how much is the warranty out?

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if I will go to court but if I do I am not sure if I could file in federal way because this shop isn't in federal way, but it is still in pierce county. (Has visions of judge judy). Heck I have never looked into small claims court before.

19. uglychevyZZ4

10.00 and easy to file it. youd probably win

20. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

T.V. that is all that has to be said. What is a buisness owners worst nightmare. BAD PUBLICITY. Just letting a few know means nothing to him. But let his buisness partners see him getting a black eye in the large public domain that TV reaches and the will outs him quick. Media is the best way to get someone and with all of these TV stations willing to help people out and inform the public of places like this. Hehehehehehe Would be fun watching him squirm. Small claims might cost him your tranny if you win, TV could cost him his a$$. Plus I dont know about him but most of those shops have it posted and most of the time on their receipts. NO WARRANTIES against defects.