Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody with AC, please run out to your truck for 1 second

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Jan 4, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

if anyone has a v-belt AC truck from 73-80 (dunno the brackets may have been the same longer), please step out and pop the hood for one second. You may not be able to see easily, but you should be able to feel. There is a triangular bracket on the bottom of the front of the AC compressor. There is one bolt hole in this bracket. There is a big bracket on the front of the engine,and another bracket attached to the front exhuast manifold bolt. A stud comes off of this bracket.
    The bottom bracket attached to the compressor will either be
    1) attached to the front of the big bracket (left arrow in pic)

2) sandwitched in between the stud spacer and the big bracket (right arrow in pic)

[​IMG]
    this pic is a side view

I know this post seems long, but it should be super easy to figure out. If I had access to one of these trucks, I could figure it out in 2 seconds. I wish I had taken more pics of my engine before I started my motor swap. But this pic would have to been taken from the bottom side anyway.

Thanks a MILLION if anyone has an AC truck they can look out real quick :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
    James

2. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

whats the question buddy? i have this setup...

3. 78Suburban

Which side of the big bracket does compressor bracket go on? Like what order are the brackets in, threaded through the stud that comes from the exhuast manifold.
    See this bracket:
    [​IMG]

see the hole on the far right side? The compressor has a trangle shaped bracket on the bottom front of it. it is either on the front of the pictured bracket, or its on the back, sandwitched in between the pictured bracket and the stud/spacer?
    Is that clear as mud now :crazy: ?
    thanks,
    James

4. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I will check it when I get home... I dont remember off hand. Should be around 5p est or so.

5. 78Suburban

got this problems solved

I finally figured it out. there is only one way it will go together. The compressor bracket goes on the front of the big bracket :p:
    thanks,
    James