Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody with an LMC catalog look up a part # for me ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrianDamage, Nov 23, 2004.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

I need a new heater control cable for the hot/cold switch. Been discontinued by GM. The only LMC catalog I have is for 67-72 trucks.blazers...I need one for an 1987 K5 WITH air...may be called "control cable set". Not sure if they carry or not. Need part # & price if they do. Thanks in advance.

2. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I am not seeing the cable in LMC. They have the valve vacuum switch and the rotary select swich, but the catalog I have does not list the cable. Just call them. They will find it if they have it.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I couldn't find them in LMC, check out chevy duty

4. BrianDamage

[ QUOTE ]
    I couldn't find them in LMC, check out chevy duty

[/ QUOTE ]

only for non-air equipped /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

only hope I probaly have of finding new is the dealer had 4 listed at dealers nationwide : the catch : all their inventories say "0"....he said sometimes when theyadd an item to their inventory though, they just make everything "0" in the computer for some reason.

thanks for looking

5. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

what I see in the catalog is heater control assembly which is the whole peice on the dash with all the levers; there doesnt appear to be any cables everything looks electric or if it is the lever that you slide to go from hot air to cold it appears that you have to get the whole assembly. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got an old Classic Industries catalog and they list them for the early trucks. May be worth giving them a call and see if they've started doing them for later ones yet. 800 854 1280 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BrianDamage

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got an old Classic Industries catalog and they list them for the early trucks. May be worth giving them a call and see if they've started doing them for later ones yet. 800 854 1280 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah already checked. only for the non-air equipped trucks of that year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

got a couple of guys from the site that have contacted me saying they have some used....maybe that will pan out