Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somebody's getting shafted

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Somebody\'s getting shafted

We know this ride and it's in fourth over this Yeah right!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Somebody\'s getting shafted

Let's look at the top 3...see if we can find pattern (I think we can... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif )

Number 1:

[​IMG]

Number 2:

[​IMG]

Number 3:

[​IMG]

Hmmmm, the top 3 are all homo trailer queens...makes ya wonder who is voting! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Rene

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Looks like they are all at a queer convention...??? prolly all doin this--> /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

NITRO

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Wouldn't mind having the bumper off that Ford. Put on some wire mesh, paint it black and you'd have one menacing piece of steel ready to do damage.

5. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Why did he get a winch, he'd never fit on any trail that you would need it......oh, wait I see, he's not going to use it /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Then why didn't he paint the fairlead to match? /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I see "GAY" written all over those. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think that bumper is the fugliest pile of crap i've ever laid eyes on. Looks like the truck did a nose dive into a cattle guard and it got stuck to the grill...

At least it's obscenely expensive though...

Rene

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Ive gotta say I like #2. If I were in the market for a newer 4X4 itd be a Ford SD or Excursion. Sorry guys but Ford has it in the newer 4X4s. All GM had to do was use a live axle in the heavy duty trucks and Id be there.

9. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ah-hum PURE-INSANITY

Kinda sums it up....

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

The only reason the one on the trailer is first is because it has the big Bowtie in the background /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I see "GAY" written all over those

[/ QUOTE ]

You see "Gay" written on everything!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif (see "Wes, you have some 'splainin to do") /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Pure Insanity

Well Eric, w/ all the custom stuff and work youve done to your rig, why didnt you change over to a IFS? And why are SFA conv. so popular on newer models? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

As long as Ford has solid axle leaf spring front, and GM has IFS, I will go w/ Ford. When GM opens their freakin eyes and loses the IFS Ill switch camps on the newer rigs. Maybe. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I don't really feel like getting into it right now, Steve.

We agee on most everything, but we most-certainly do not argee on this.

14. Pure Insanity

Its because you have no argument to defend GM. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

I love it when this topic gets started! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif And Im usually the one to start it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I am a Chevrolet guy from the beginning to 1988. From there on, I have to go w/ Ford. Even TTB is better than IFS!

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Solid axle, front suspension
    Design;
    A solid axle suspension has a locating beam cannecting both tires togather, permanatly. There is no change from tire to tire, other than steering input and pre-set steering incination angle (neg. camber-gain) *more on camber later*.
    Advantages;
    - Strength and Rigidness.
    - Camber control. The tires will remain consistant in relation to each other, regardless of tarain and body-lean.
    - Simplicity.
    - Travel. A "working" soilid axle can be made to have extream amounts of suspension movement.
    Disadvantage;
    - Heavy-unsprung weight. Un-sprung weight is weight that is carried below the suspension, like the tires for example. If a object is heavy, it will tend to stay in its path and resist a change in direction. (Like a tire over a bump)
    - Bump-steer: Bump-steer is a change in toe when the supension changes postion (toe = tire pointing in or out, from straight ahead postion) Basicly, uncontrold or un-wanted steering in-put in a solid axle design. On a soild axle suspension, there is no way to eliminate bump-steer, but it can be redused to "useable" levels.
    - Shimmy: Shimmy is a uncontrold vibrations of a tire. With both tires connected togather, anything that happens to one tire, will effect the other tire. If for-example, one tire is out-of-round, then it's effects will be transfered to the other tire.
    - Inability to change to uneven road surfaces. Again, anything that effects one-tire will efect the other tire. If for-examble, one tire is on a curb, and the other tire is on the street, both tires will be forced to ride on their outer (or inner) edge of the tread.

Independted front suspension
    Design:
    Both tires are suspended independently of each other. They are not intercannected. Usualy, the tires are located by unequal length control-arms or links.
    Addvantage:
    - Flexibility of alignment. A independent suspension can be made to set the tire to any position at ride-height and be made to set the postion of the tire in-relation to suspension movement. (camber gain/loss, bump-steer/toe-in, ect...)
    - Ability to change to body body lean. As the body sways into a turn, the suspension can be made to take advantage of this movement and increace cornering force in pre-determined amounts. (neg.-camber-gain)
    - Predictability steering in-put: Again, tire alignment can be set to almost any-position, giveing the driver a feel of "total-control". (toe-in and bump-steer, neg-camber-gain ect..)
    - Lighter un-sprung weight: Less un-sprung weight will have a tendency to change to road surfaces quicker, and therefore, stay in contact with the road. (Allways a good thing)
    - Ability to change uneven road-surfaces. Same example as with the solid-axle above, but the tire can be made to stay vertical, keeping the full width of the tire tread in contact with the road surfaces.
    Disadavantages:
    - Extreamly complex: If you get it right, you win! Get it wrong, and your in a ditch.
    - Maintence: With the ability to set the tire to any given angle, also comes the ability to disturbe the alihnment and genneral wear and tear.
    - Inability to take addvantage of leverage: With both tires suspended independently, no or very little force will be transferd to the opisite tire (has more to do with articulation)
    - Less wheel travel (factory): With several links, at some point the travel of the links will be limited or the intercannecting arcs will bind, decreaseing suspension travel.

I could go on, if you wish......

16. Pure Insanity

Ya know when I seen you were off CK5 I had a feeling you were up to something like this. LOL!

OK so other than proving Fords superior design on newer trucks w/ SFA.....Whats yer point!?

Lets add bashability, no CV axles to replace the boots on, no need to get an alignment after hitting a pothole, easier to lift.......I could go on too! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Dont you hate it when I get like this!?!?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I never left, typed that out on an old post, copy and pasted it here.
    web page

I'm done with this

18. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my Straight axle 10b pulled a Brand new Durango out of the Pismo dunes after it had grenaded its cv axle /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I normally don't charge for a pull, but this guy wasn't helping with the straps, had no hooks, and was obviously driving like an idiot prior to the exploding axle. Got a hundred dollars for for 2 hours of work. Wish I got that every day /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It was so bad that his two stoned buddies he sent to find help hiked for 2 hours before reaching our camp, we left camp at 9pm and got back after 11 pm. Didn't even get to party at comp. hill because of that, though we did see our neighbors have their keg confiscated due to all of the minors /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

19. Pure Insanity

I remember that vaugely.

OK truce. BTW, what was the debate over anyhow? I just like getting you wound up occasionally. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Really, I am talking SFA vs IFS, it just so happens that Ford SD has the design I prefer, so that is the way I would go.

No more arguing over it....PROMISE! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Because when I label something GAY, it's gotta be GAY for a reason!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Disco is gay, 24" of lift is gay, trailer queens are gay, Fords are gay, and you, Eric, are the gayest of them all!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

BTW, my name being called gay is simply defined as HAPPY, not HOMO! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif