Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

someone broke the only ignition key to the 92 cutlass supreme

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jan 21, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

so now i have no key to the car, i dont have the car ready to sell yet until i get the replacement engine installed, in which i already have ready to go in

the key was on a ring with a few others and hanging on the side of my monitor here on a screw i screwed into the monitor shell, and within the last week and a half or so. how would you go about effectively finding out who used the key as a pry tool and snapped it off ?

someone owes me a new key to be made by a locksmith, or a new ignition lock and keys

what would you do ?

i would just swap the lock out with another i have here with key but this car has the big fat bulky late model type column and everything is different than the older that i have locks from. so..

thanks

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Look in the glove box and see if the punch out codes are in there somewhere. I don't know if that is the right name for them so let me describe. The hole in the top of the key that you would use to put it on a key ring statred off full & had a code printed on it. The 1st owner would knock that out and a lot of them save it. Its got the code printed on it so that a locksmith can make a new key.

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Go to a dealer, most times they can make keys for a car if you just bring them the VIN number. You will also have to prove you own the car. Some dealers won't charge for this, or only charge a couple of bucks to have them made.