Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone do a dual battery write up so Steve can post it on the main page!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Nov 21, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I know there are plenty of posts about this but I thorough, official, write-up would be awsome and well appreciated by me (and many other I'm sure). Thx

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[​IMG]

Write up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

The thing is there is not just 1 way to do a dual bat setup and everyone has their opinion on what is best. There are also a lot of myths and hearsay and you will have as many differing opinions about it as you have about tires, lifts, etc.. It basically comes down to what you want the setup to do. You can go the easy route and just connect em in parallel which gives more cranking power but does not isolate the battery. Then there are different isolater setups from actual manufactured isolaters to manual switches to solenoids to running 2 alternaters. An article could be written but it would be quite long as there is no 1 right way to do it.

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Um yeah, what he said.

Too many ways to do it, and none of them are really wrong. Heck I've seen three batteries set up so 1 started the truck and ran everything but the other two were used to run a 24V winch and they charged off the stock alt. (no not the Super Duty in the magazine) a buddy did it to his K20 in the Army since he got a winch off a Hummer.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

LoL you're a funny guy. Yah I guess yall are right. I found "the post" about the dual batteries last night and it is just as good as a writeup. In one 40 reply post alone there were like 5 or 6 different ways to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Almost forgot this post. At least someone finally finds me funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif