Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone else asking wheels/tires size question..sorry but please dont ignor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eripley, Mar 8, 2004.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I know you get tired (pun) of peeps asking these same old questions.

I have a 79 blazer with 4" lift. I still have 31x11.50x15's on 10" rims on it now and they look stupid. The tread is about gone and nows time to replace.

I WAS looking at 15x10 daytona style steel rims. I was going to put dunlop mud rovers 35x12.50x15
    Total cost shipped $800

Then I thought I wanted beadlocks cause they look cool and Im a poser...just kidding. I mud and trails but no rocks. Streetlocks are stupid (hope I didnt offend anyone...by "stupid" I mean.."serve no purpose") so I priced 15x10 daytona style real beadlocks...$200 each.
    More than I can afford for having no real reason to use them other than being able to drive on a flat...which IS a plus.

Take off Hummer rims 17x8.5 and BFG tires 315/70/17 for about $1000 shipped

The sizes are all weird though. If I tell you what I like can someone offer a suggestion?

I like the wider aggressive look not the taller skinny look.
    I also dont like the huge tire tiny rim look thats why I was wanting black rims. It just seems logical that the hummer wheels and tires will be much smaller since the rim width is 1.5 inches shorter that what I like.

Finally the question. Which will look better? Next question. Which will perform better? Last question. Which will demand the most respect? Just kidding....er actually not...hahaha

Any way I look at it I have to get a 6 to 8 lug conversion or replace my front and rear diffs (which I plan to do because I need a 4.10 to run 35"s and I have a 3.28 now) but thats another story.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Someone else asking wheels/tires size question..sorry but please dont i

It all boils down to, it's your money, get what you like. Personally I would get some 15's (Steel rims) just becouse tires in 15's are cheaper, and steel wheels becouse they are cheaper and if you ever upgrade your axles, it'll just be a matter of grinding the calipers. Might be a good time to get some 3/4 ton axles that already have those 4.10 gears instead of regearing those 1/2 ton axles. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

why not stay with yur stock rims and spend the extra money on good quality, but larger tire ? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

Definately want new rims. I have 6 lug aluminum centerline style. The ones everyone and their brother has on everything. I am going to replace the front and rear diffs with 8 lug 3/4 ton or 1 ton. Just have not found what Im looking for yet. Im going to do it all at once.

I think Im leaning towards the hummer rims and tires. Im just worried what they would look like on my truck.

5. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I would hold off til you find some axles. I found a good deal on a dually D60 front so im running the older 16.5" hummer wheels on the front. I guess i usually think of function before looks so as long as they spin true i could care less what they look like. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif