Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone had to do it... SPRING RUN '04???

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jan 12, 2004.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Someone had to do it... SPRING RUN \'04???

Greetings all... Yes, its me again... I know its only mid January... but I think its time to start contemplating what we want to do for the spring run. I'd also like to call Neil out on the floor to discuss if he's interested in planning any organized/sponsored runs in '04. As some of you may remember, he and I put together an awesome run in Arkansas last spring... but we had less than adequate attendance to warrant such effort on our part again this year.

Personally, if we do one this year... I think we should have a registration (much like Blazer Bash) and have some modest fees associated with the run. Maybe a tee-shirt or something in exchange... heck if I know. What I DO know is that I'm not too inclined to organize another run without some "shareholder" participation if you know what I mean.

I'll leave it at that. Lets see what this thread comes to! Lets get it awn boyas! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Dan

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Re: Someone had to do it... SPRING RUN \'04???

I dont care where or when, as long as the fees are reasonable and the weather is decent enough for me to ditch the top, ill be there.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'll help anyway I can /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Hay i would be up for it. Hell i dont care if i am still 10 bolt'n it i will go if its half way close. Since no one has chimed in as to a location, Might i suggest Redbird orv park? It is a new state ran park in Indiana. I think it's only like $5 per vehicle or something! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can find out about some camping if need be. Like said before i will help with anything i can in trying to get something set-up. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Count me in, I'm up for just about any location as long as it is in reasonable distance so I don't have to take too many days off work (not a whole lot of vacation built up).

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I"m up for a three day weekend. Are we ditching the Tellico idea?

7. redneck60164

redneck60164 1/2 ton status

i would be willing to go almost anywhere. it would be fun to get out and really have some fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes, I have been thinking of this too. We need to get a group to go to Attica sometime soon. Maybe we could have this a little less organized, then shoot for a big prize event for our Summer K5 Thing. I still have decals made for the Summer run event, so it will not be too costly on our part.

My delima is - we are planning our wedding which is shed-uled for May 29th. I haven't sent out invitations just yet, but will be doing so real soon. With this planning and spending as well as rebuilding my K5 into a Hybrid project (yes boays I have my priorities), I might not make a run in early 2004. My club also has a run scheduled for Disney Oklahoma in early April which will probably be missed because of lack of vehicle.

Im trying hard to get this project going and may have it finished prior to Spring, but give me some time to assess the situation.

Dan did bring up a very good point. We spend many hours on the phones and in emails trying to make our runs successful. It was a real kick in the pants not having half the people show up who signed up on my site. In fact, It kinda made me loose interest - I haven't updated my site either! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

We spend our own money as well - purchasing decals and plaques, so this gets quite costly. We had so many prizes, we gave some away to Jeepers guys! Thats terrible!

Anyway, lets mull this over for sure. I'd be happy to pass the organizational torch if we could have someone help who realises the importance of keeping this professional. I have many contacts as well as Dan. We could always use more!

If we wanted to make this a non-prize event, its real simple. We pick a place and people show up. We could still order t-shirts and decals real easily as long as we had pre-orders for this stuff. A non-prize event is much simpler in many ways - we are not obligated to write a trip report for the vendors and its basically a wait and wheel deal.

Lets hear your opinions! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

My delima is - we are planning our wedding which is shed-uled for May 29th. ... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want to make the wife happy do not put "delima" any place close to "planning our wedding". haha

Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that way you can be as unhappy as US!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

To be honest, most folks from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois will not tow or drive to an event in Missouri, Ark. or Kan. Or Vice Versa. I have been involved with event planning the past serveral years and it has been difficult to get people together from around Indiana, and it's small. A few things that I have found out is;
    1. Planning date that is a few months out. Helps with getting the junk running, child care, getting time off, ect.
    2. The almighty dollar. Most people that love trucks and fourwheeling usually don't have excess cash laying around.
    3. And Freebies or Raffles, People love getting free stuff,

Indiana guys, put together a REDBIRD post and we'll get something going. They open back up April 1st. -Mark

11. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

just as long as its a place that im not gonna trash my [darn] up.
    im just getting the thing back together.

12. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just as long as its a place that im not gonna trash my [darn] up.
    im just getting the thing back together.

[/ QUOTE ]

REDBIRD is pretty cool. Being an old coal mine, some of the haul roads are very wide and can be challenging, kinda like the pipeline road. You shouldn't get dented if you didn't want to. There could be something for everyone, from crusiers and poser to people like Dan and DraggerK5 who want a challenge!

13. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I'd be up for a spring trip. I'm in st.louis so attica or hot springs are a little far to drive. I was considering going to rockport or redbird with some friends when they open up in the spring. If an actual event gets planned for those places I'd probably attend and bring some friends who aren't members here.
    I say save the prizes for summer or better yet fall. Give those who are doing winter projects more time to finish and those who work less in the winter time to save up $$$.
    Midwest weather sucks in summer, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'd prefer fall for the gee wiz run.

14. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

would this just be for k5's only?
    i also have a dodge i could take, and my buddy from work is into Jeeps.
    please no flames.

15. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I too would really like to do a "Spring Run", but due to my recent circumstances I too will probably not have a Blazer at that time. I will soon be dismantling the Blazer, as I have just recently decided to down size my off-road rig. Hopefully you will still allow me to attend Blazer runs, as I will be running the Blazer axles and eventually the V8 and NV4500.

16. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

Another S-10 rig???

Is it time for an S-10 icon???

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hmmmm...you JUST got that thing built. What's the deal? I liked riding in your truck with the 35's. Are you going smaller like that, or tube buggy style or truggy or what? That sure was a paragraph that told us everything, yet told us nothing. Come awn man throw us a bone, what's the dealio?

18. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Pssst... I know what the dealio is! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

me too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well if you can't post it here, shoot me an email, you bastid. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif