Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone has to ask the question...

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jan 30, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Neil! Have you arranged for magazine coverage for the spring event? I'd love to have the chance to get my rig back in front of Brubaker this year! Any news for us?

-Dan

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I just realized that this event is the same weekend as the superlift event in Attica IN. Now I don't know wich one I'm going to? Also Brubacker was at the superlift event last year, at least one day, might be hard to get him to this event if he already has plans for the superlift event. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

http://www.orvpark.com/events2.html

Actually, I don't think it is that weekend... Here is a copy of the April Event Calendar off their site:

April

April 5th & 6th: Hummer Spring Happening sponsored by Landers Hummer. Call the park office for more information. (501) 625-3600.
    April 12th: Swap Meet 4WD, ATV, MC and automotive related things. This will be every 2nd Sat. of each month. The fee is $15.00 per spot for vendors and free to buyers. The park will remain open for this event.
    April 12th & 13th: K-5 Blazer run. Call the park for more information. (501) 625-3600. The park will remain open for this event.
    April 12th: Hot dog cookout from 5p.m. - 7p.m. with all of the trimmings: baked beans and chips. Please bring your favorite non-alcoholic beverage. Everyone is invited.
    April 12th: Night ride. Everyone is welcome. Cost is $10 per vehicle. Ride starts at 7:30pm.
    April 12th & 13th: West Tennessee Trailriders ATV Club Ride. Call the park for more information (501) 625-3600. The park will remain open for this event.
    April 18th - 20th: Southern 4WD Association club run. Call the park office for more information. (501) 625-3600. The park will remain open for this event.
    April 25th - 27th: Air CJ's Birthday Bash is back at Hot Springs where it belongs. Check it out at www.aircj.alloffroad.com

Neil? We need your insights Sir! Please help!

-Dan

4. KRAZIE87K5

DUH... you said in Attica! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif My bad... still... yea, I would imagine that the SuperLift event might take precidence over the MWK5T spring run! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-Dan

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

As cool as we are, we should get magazine coverage! But, I have not contacted Ken to let him know about this event. Thought about going to another publication though. I will keep you posted.

You are correct. The Superlift Adventure is in Attica that weekend. I am sure we will still have as much fun with less crowds at our event in Hot Springs.

6. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Actually I'm trying to get everything done, ready, trailworthy, and road worthy. So I can make the trip to Hot Springs. I think the Blazer will be done but not sure if I'll have all the bugs worked out of the crew cab for towing duties. So the count down begins /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. KRAZIE87K5

The scary part is that the trip is ONLY 10 weeks away! Can you believe that? It seems so close. I hope I can get everything done. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

-Dan

8. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

How about a Hotel/Motel discount for anyone in the group?? I'm not planning on staying in one but several people I know that are going would like to know if any arrangements have been made.

Also, has it been nailed down that there IS or IS NOT a campground located in the park? There is nothing on their webpage about one....
    Neil?? Jeff??

9. Mudzer

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifYou've been hanging around pregnant women too much - counting in weeks! Two and a half months sounds much further away. Don't scare us like that Dan! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Not saying I am letting down my guard though. I have a bunch to get done with the truck and getting the prizes.

10. Mudzer

Todd, I am still unsure about the campgrounds as well. I am planning on camping in a tent at the park if they have it available. I'll call the park today.

11. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

The park does have a few (maybe 5 total) camping spots. No power hookups or water, etc.. as far as I know. I'm not sure how much they charge for them either. There is a KOA down the road though.

BIGJ

12. KRAZIE87K5

Reality rears its ugly head yet again... I've just done some math, and looks like I still have about $3000 to spend!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I hope I can make this happen... its starting to get scary with only 5 paychecks to go until then...

-Dan

13. Mudzer

Just called the park. They have "plenty" of camping spots available. They are all very primitive, meaning no water or electric. They do have outhouses. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

They said If we were to camp at the park, they would leave the gate accessable to enter and return. We could meet at the campground before the 9:00 AM opening time and have our kickoff meeting prior to the crowds showing up.

The Park Superintendant will be calling me in the next few days to hash this out. She didn't mention camping fees, I forgot to ask! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

14. thebigdaddyof2

Not too concerned about the camping costs....I would like to know if we could reserve a few spots though. Is this possible??

15. Mudzer

I believe their camping is fairly unorganized. I am planning on heading down very early on Friday and will "reserve" as many spots needed. Lets get a count on who's planning on camping - including with campers.

Remember guys, they do have RV sites and primitive camp sites, but no electricity, dump stations or running water.

Man, I should plan on bringing my camper!

16. thebigdaddyof2

YES, buy that tow rig the little woman wants/needs and tow that "Love-Shack" camper down there.....