Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone have a '90 or 91 wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Aug 28, 2004.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Someone have a \'90 or 91 wiring diagram?

I'd appreciate a scan of it.

Thinking about my '91 205/electric speedometer swap, and realized that the DRAC may not work with the ECM I have.

Anyways, I'd like to see how the DRAC was wired, as apparently some ECM's can interpret the raw data from the speed sensor and output that to a speedometer or cruise.

Might make it easy if I can wire around the DRAC, but if not, going to need to know how it was setup.

Thanks!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Someone have a \'90 or 91 wiring diagram?

Dorian, try here and see if there is anything you are needing.

3. dyeager535

Nope, but thanks though. Doesn't cover any of the insturment panel or t-case stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I think you will end up with an uncalibrated and unbuffered signal at your ECM. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Either ECM (87-89 or 90-91) should take the same 2-pulse input. The difference lies in where its generated. For 87-89, the signal is derived at the mechanical speedo in your dash. For 90-91, the signal is derived from the DRAC, which converts & calibrates the 40-pulse signal from the VSS.

I'm kind of messed for time, but if you have a specific wire color or pinout question I can reference it somewhat. My '91 still has the wiring and ECM in it even though the 350 is long gone /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. dyeager535

Some of the later Camaro ECM's use a 4 pulse system IIRC. According to one thing I read, some Camaro ECM's are set up to do all the DRAC's job internally...tire or gear change modifications to fix the speedo are done through the PROM. (Sweet!)

I guess I don't have a specific pinout question yet, except unless you can scan a pinout of the DRAC itself. I'd like to know how it's tied into cruise control for instance. I'm sure it just goes straight to cruise module (or ECM 90-91??) from the DRAC, but I need to know what I'm dealing with before I go planning my next step.

I'd rather not convert to speed density yet, but looking at the DRAC, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of re-wiring anyways.

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im gonna get on to scannin that stuff tonight Dorian... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. dyeager535

I appreciate it!

8. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Here ya go Dorian, I posted in here so everybody else could have access if they wanted... Wiring