Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

someone help me with a shackle flip?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 8, 2002.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

i have a 77 blazer with 4" springs up front and 4" blocks in back. My ride sucks and i want to convert to a shackle flip. I was wondering if someone could make me a 6" shackle flip? I dont have the money for the 4" flip and 2" springs. I heard that borregok5 made 85mouse's. Can someone help me out? Thanks

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Get some foward rear spring hangers from a junkyard truck. I'm not sure which one for your year. I used hangers from an 82 2x4 3/4 ton. Then make a couple longer shackles.

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

i would suggest pm'ing Borrego for it. or try to make a post in the wanted section, where the the fabbers and sellers will be trolling /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

6. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

yeah. definatly pm borregok5. i just got done installing one of his today. went on really easy and is good stuff. i think he's charging $90 + s/h now. later
    keith

7. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Depending on the condition of your springs, my flip with a longer shackle could easily provide 6" of lift. This would get rid of your blocks and produce a slightly better ride. If your looking for pre runner soft in the rear, you might dig through the local junk yards for a used pair of 86-96 Ford F150 rear leafs, 4 leaf + overload which ar 57" long. These with about a 6 1/2" long shackle should put you at 6" total lift in the rear with my kit and a little center pin relocation. The only down side to these are its super soft and flexy so towing is no longer an option.