Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

someone hook me up...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Sep 12, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

wanted forum post...

yeah, you guessed it.. gonna try for some mad flex up front with some 52s. Oughta be a pretty wild setup... front axle moved way up, tie rod behind/above axle. Should be fun... but before I can get crazy I need a few springs... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

j

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I just took out a set of stock rear springs. I don't think they sag because I swapped in a new set and the ride height didn't change. Bring me a bottle of Ezra Brooks and they're yours. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Or just bring over the skid plate and you can have mine, but if you want you can stop at Shanes and pick up a bottle of Ezra and bring it with you.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

and both of them are closer then my 52,LOL

5. jekbrown

I actually wouldnt mind having 2 sets... most agree that you get about 4" of lift from the 52" spring swap and I need 6... so a few leafs from a 2nd set may come in very handy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Never heard of "Ezra Brooks", i assume its got some kinda alky drink... where do I get it... how much $? lol! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dunno about you 'fumes... me thinks this was all an evil plot. You put off comin over here to get your free skid plate because you just knew that at some point I'd need something from you and have to come get it! Lazy bastage!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ok, guess i need to find that Ezra-what-ever-it-is and I'll be on my way. You guys gonna be home/around next weekend so I can swing by? I know where Shane is at... you're gonna have to PM me your addy though fumes...

j

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Dunno about you 'fumes... me thinks this was all an evil plot. You put off comin over here to get your free skid plate because you just knew that at some point I'd need something from you and have to come get it! Lazy bastage!!

[/ QUOTE ] heheheyhe....Yor on to me.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI'll send you a PM /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I've got a set also, they are like a 6 leave pack IIRC.... came off an 83 PU. Let me know

8. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got a set also, they are like a 6 leave pack IIRC.... came off an 83 PU. Let me know

[/ QUOTE ]

think I'm covered amigo, thanks much for the offer tho! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

9. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

something falls through let me know!!

10. jekbrown

drove around and picked up the goodies today. Big thanks to Rob and Shane for hooking me up with some springs for my rear-springs-up-front swap. I plan on taking a bazillion pics of the whole process and in the end will do a write-up as well so other novices can follow along. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

anyway, thanks guys!

j

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif No prob dooood.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif