Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone Just SHOOT me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big jimmy 91, Nov 12, 2005.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

What a string of bad luck...
    GF got a new car and the alt failed..??
    My dd has major issues , antifreeze in the oil :doah:
    And my Jimmy just started puking tranny fluid out as fast as we could pour it in(700R) :mad:

To top it off , my new job that was going to last until christmas ended this morning :eek1: :mad: :doah:

Well off to change an alternator in a Mazda 323

Just needed to vent (homer simpson voice "urge to kill rising" :haha: )

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Grab you a nice first person shooter game like Doom 3 or a Resident Evil game and play for a little while, or grab you some drumsticks and beat on something. That's the best advice I can give you.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

lose the color change man, you cant even see what you wrote. :rolleyes:

for those of us in the real world, suck it up and drive on. cant look at the negative side of everything, always got to look at the positives. hell, a talk on the phone with CanCan, always makes me feel better.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It could always be worse -

[​IMG]

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Vent away, brother. That's what we're here for.:thumb:

Well, the good news is that most of your issues are vehicle related. Yeah, they suck, but they are more of an inconvenience than anything.

The job thing? That's pretty troublesome. Is this a good job you're losing? As in, is it your career? If so, get a good resume put together and start flooding the area with it. This time of year is generally not a good time for getting hired, so you'll have to do a bit of extra legwork.....If you just lost a crappy job, look at it as a good thing. Maybe this is the kick in the butt you needed to get out there and find a better job.

How's your health and the health of your loved ones? When I get in a situation similar to yours presently, I ALWAYS take step back and look around at the big picture. If nobody around you is sick or dying, it's a good day.

Keep your chin up, and keep us updated, brother.

6. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

Ahh , all is well
    The alt is changed in the 323 and it's up and running
    The other two will get dealt with at a later time :whistle:
    My mustang really bums me out though , it's been a really fun car for me since 91 , I hope its just a head gasket not worse
    Hopefully there is no damage to the bearings and such now

The job was a low level driving job , dump truck gravel haul.
    The only bad thing about it is I just got my AZ licence and it's hard to find someone that will take a chance on a new driver , or can even afford the insurance cost.

I'm still alive and healthy along with the rest of my family so this is just another challenge to overcome

BTW I am a sheet metal worker by trade but things are dead around here right now , there is only work if you can travel to places like ALBERTA :doah:

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I forgot I was posting on here instead of the anime forum. On there I always have my text in white to be different from everybody, and it spilled over to here briefly.

8. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Comon over to Winnipeg. My old ladies dad is a sheet metal worker and there is so much work he is turning people down. They can't hire enough people to finish the projects they have. We have so many suburbanites that want there house built in a hurry that they are shelling out the big dollars to get the ducts in.

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

The job market..

There is quite a few jobs for sheet metal techs in our area,and a few for assembling steel buildings..the pay is about 10 bucks an hour though..almost enough for a single person to live on,if you stay in a tent.. :rolleyes: ..

Its not hard to get a job here really--its to get one that pays enough to live on...

The holiday season usually adds a few jobs to the classifieds--like those looking for "Santa's",and "Santa's Helpers or Elves" at the mall!--or security,to arrest all the shoplifters..tis the season to be greedy--fa-la-la-la-la,--la-la-la-la...

I'm bored out of my skull and very depressed already,and its not even thanksgiving yet..I hate the holidays..hope they pass quickly..ba humbug! :doah: