Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone please cheer me up!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 13, 2006.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok, there are relatively few things I fear. I don't stress much either, but I'm fearing and stressing Monday. I have to go to the dentist to have a cavity filled. At least, I hope it's a cavity and nothing worse. I CAN'T TAKE MY MIND OFF OF IT! It's all I've been thinking about, and I'm losing sleep over it. My body chills and I tense up, then I start feeling sick.

Someone please help me!

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You're freaking out over the dentist? Have a drink, you could have a physics exam tomorrow. :doah:

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well...........things could be much worse.

You could be going in for a Colonoscopy.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

Done both. Would rather do ANYTHING than go to the dentist. I have feared them since I was a child. Take that and my failing to get it off of my mind is impossible for me to deal with.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My aunt went to a "sedation dentist" because she had the same problem, said they had her sit down and when she woke up they everything was done. Sounds like something you might wanna think about.

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

Yeah, that's the kind of dentist I'm going to. I did some research on the dentist's in the area, and the one I'm going to is said to be the best.

I'd also like to say thanks to Paul. You sir, are truly the man that I have you pictured as. My hat (or fire helmet) is off to you!

The Brotherhood has come through for me!

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It was my pleasure, brother. That is what CK5 is all about.:thumb:

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You know,how I know your gay? Dude I'm worried about going to get my prostate checked,and I don't have to do that for 13 more years :eek1:

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

I'm gonna catch hell for saying this, but having my prostate checked doesn't bother me. I have to have it done every year (annual FD physical), so I can deal with that. It's just one of those things that come with the job, so I don't get worked up about it. But this, for some reason, was bugging me to death. Paul talked to me though, and really got me to see how bad it won't be.

10. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

need a new signature line anyone ?????????

11. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!!!!!!!!!!!

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok--CHEERS!...your not alone brother..

Dentists are my LEAST favorite people to visit..not only do they inflict pain--they CHARGE you 300 bucks at the least, to do it!:mad:

Nothing to be ashamed of either--even "tough guy" Paul Tuttle on "American Chopper" was a wuss when it came to a root canal!--I've had 3 of them,and one extraction,and a mouthfull of MERCURY fillings another dentist later in my life had to remove and re-fill them all with new fillings that aren't supposedly toxic..

The dentist my parents took us too was a tough old B-tard--must have been an army dentist in WW2 or something..no "bedside" manner,and not very gentle either!..and if he found a cavity,he'd not only ream out your tooth ,but your butt as well,for failing to floss and brush properly!..as a result,I didn't go as often to get dental attention as I should have,and neither has my older brother and sister,who also were scarred for life by the "mean old grump" dentist we had as kids!..we all hated his guts,and he knew it!..

I am going to have some major dental work done soon too--my state's health insurance recently renewed dental and eyeglass coverage,so I'll have to act quickly before they decide to veto it again..I'm about as anxious to go to a dentist,as I was when I was going to have a cancerous testicle removed..I think only that rivals the fear and pain inflicted by a dentist!..

But I'd never go to a "sedation" dentist..I want to be awake,and make sure his hands are the only thing he puts in my mouth!(or anywhere else!)--
    I'd hate to wake up with a sore bum!..:yikes:--how nice looking babes trust them is beyond me..I'd be afraid of being molested while "sedated" if I were them!..sometimes I wonder what happens in the operating room after they give the anastesia too..gives a whole new meaning to the song "no one knows what goes on behind closed doors".huh?...:doah::eek1: :crazy:

13. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Depending on your dentist it could be a 1-stop-shop :eek1:

I second the sedation.....

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oooooh dinner and a show, what more could a girl want???:haha: :haha: :haha:

15. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

YOU DAMN SISSY!, MAN UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN! OR STOP COMPLAINING AND LET YOUR TEETH ROT OUT OF YOUD HEAD AND LOOK LIKE A ROTTED HALF TOOTHLESS FREAKHEAD!!
    there, did that help? I hope so. I gave my best effort to take your mind of your pending doom :D :haha: :haha: . I dont like dentist's much either. they are mid-evil modern day torture practishiners that charge too much to torture you.

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Dentists are bad. Very bad. Developed an abscess here a while back. Went in for a root canal. They ended up pulling the tooth. Knock me the hell out next time!!!

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

medieval.

18. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

It could be worse. You could be going to a navy dentist while underway to get your wisdom teeth pulled. Or even worse, you could be sitting in boot camp now, waiting to get your teeth pulled by people who pride themselves on pulling them out in a couple minutes. No sh*t these guys pride themselves on that. You dont get time for the stuff to kick in and they are cracking the tooth in half and scraping the fragments out of your gums.

Cheer up man, when you get there think about which of his secretaries you would bang. No, dont do that. You dont want wood while laying in the chair.

19. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Think positive when the dentist says " You'll feel a little prick in your mouth".
    He didn't say it would be a big prick............

George

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

YAY!!!! Another sig line......:woot: