Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone please clarify twin-stick for doubler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Nov 14, 2000.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What is the twin stick for the ORD doubler? It means two sticks for the 205 so you can go 2-lo, or one stick for the 205 and one for the 203 so you can go 4-lo-lo?
    I hope I asked that clearly enough. Thanks for any info.
    -- Mike

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

On the NP203 you just use the gearbox with the doubler so therefore one of the sticks is for the 203 to go from high to low and vice versa. On the NP205 you need to be able to shift from 2 high to 4 high and 4 low just like normal. So by having both sticks you can run just like normal four wheel drive by using just the stick that is conected to the 205 or you can double your low gear by placing the 203 in low and the 205 in 4 low. Also by having seperate sticks you can actualy have 2 low by leaving the 205 in 2 high and the 203 in low gear. I beleave this is how it works, If I am wrong someone is more than welcome to correct me.

[​IMG] I have to agree with the Puddy Cat. [​IMG]

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I thank you have got it right.

I was woundering it you could use a twin stick np205 on a doubler so you could have a tri stick Tcase with super low frount wheel drive?

does any body know?

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

4. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

You could make the tri-stick work-no problem. Now getting all three shifters to mount side by side would take a custom setup-ORD just makes the dual stick that locates both shifters in the stock 4wd shifter position.