Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone Plz help and quick

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NITRO, Jun 23, 2002.

1. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

I went to the badlands yesterday and hit a big rock that put a good sized dent in my x-case support. now it wont go into 4loc hi or 4loc lo. it doesnt look like it bent it. the whole case has been moved towards the right side of the hump. n e ideas? mayb just replace the crossmember? Thanx for n e ideas.

NITRO

2. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

I bet the T-case shifter linkage is binding from mis-alignment. How is the fan in the shroud? Sounds like a good excuse for a custom crossmember /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .

Marc

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

when i hit the rock, it threw up the whole ass end, which moved the rubber garments over. so ill b takin it to the shop and see what my mechanic says. ill just replace the x-member prolly and hopefully problem solved.BTW, it is binding

NITRO

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    rubber garments

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

rene

5. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Yea... My thoughts exactly...

Jim

6. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Well i looked at it this morning and i think the crossmember has been serioulsy bent...or so im hoping.......if not then that means only one other thing. frame /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif but i dont think it is.

NITRO

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hopefully you just F'ed up the crossmember and not the frame. Since the "rubber garments" are messed up, I would replace them (probably a good time to go Poly). Considering the way the 203 case operates, I don't think anything internal is wrong, as it is a very stout case, but the linkage on the 203 can be messed up when putting body lifts on (or crunching crossmembers /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ). Once you get the crossmember fixed, I would check your linkage. It may work fine once the t-case is back where it is supposed to be. If not something may have bent and need replacing/adjusting.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well concidering the way those "rubber garments" are made I doubt they could go sideways without something else getting bent or broken. Even with the crossmember bent it would have to be VERY bent to get the case pushed were anything would hit enough to lock you out of both High posisitons. I'm starting to wonder if you didn't break the adaptor that hooks the case to the tranny and the "rubber garments" bolt to. Check your motor mounts also. Might have busted one of them and the motor shifted. I would recomend getting somy plyers and a crow bar and checkint out all the rivits on the frame and really check the brackets the motor mounts sit on. I have had mine shear the bolts and the motor drop down almost 3/4 of an inch.

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rubber garments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm

rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hmmmm I should get my wife some of those /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Well, the verdict is in....i tweaked the frame. it isnt that bad, just enuff to piss me off and make me get it fixed. so i guess ill be callin some body shops. until then she's parked cause it also caused a vibration in the rear.So its out of commision for a bit.

NITRO