Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone shoot me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 6, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

If I'm dead, I can't get stressed.

Through my mind are the following thoughts:

I have to load a Transfer case tonight so I can deliver it after work tomorrow.
    This week I have to help a friend get a truck running that's in my driveway, so that he can start driving it and I can get his other truck on a trade. Plus, I have to tow a flatbed over from his house so I can pull the tranny and T-case out of it. Then I have to pull a motor out of a crew cab. But I also have to go get another truck that I bought and tow it home on my car trailer thats not licensed, and the Dept. of Licensing and inspection place is only open from like 9-5, and I'm at work from 8am-7:30pm every weekday.

I have a stump I have to finish cutting for a lady, after I fix her chainsaw that quit on me. I have a trailer load of bushes that need to be disposed of. I have to bring a flywheel for my brothers truck to get resurfaced at the clutch place (which also is only open from 9-5), so that I can put a new clutch in my brothers truck this weekend. I have to box up and ship out shifter linkage and clutch pedals and linkage. I have to put 8-lug outers on a front axle and deliver it.

I have to finish cleaning the small stuff up in my garage. I have to go pull a motor out of a donor truck stored 35 miles from here, as well as pull two trannies and T-cases, one tranny/T-case which will be going back into the afore mentioned flatbed. I have to put the motor in the crew cab. I have to haul a load of scrap to the scrap yard.

I have to adjust the valves on my Blue Blazer. I have to swap carbs on my Orange Blazer. I have to help a relative put an intake on his Blazer, while I'm in Moses Lake for an event in two weeks on the 18th.

Sept 19th: Back home, I have to start pulling the front clip off the utility/plow truck so the frame can be welded. I have to pull the front end and springs. This truck also needs a motor and tranny/T-case, front end and rear brakes before the 1st snow.

I'm pulling the tranny and T-case (400/205) out of a truck I'm getting from my friend to go into the plow truck, and putting a 350/203 back in it so I can sell the truck.

I have a mud race to be entered in on Sept. 25th, in which I'll need to have my Crew Cab and trailer hitched with the Orange Blazer on it.

Then I quit my 8-5 job on Oct. 1st, still retaining my 5-7pm job, and will be at another mud race on Oct. 2nd. Then I can start remodeling the small basement in our rental house.

I have 4-6 pickup campers to store for the winter up north. I have to replace a warrantied starter on the truck Blazer. I have to tow my mom's 21' Travel Trailer back to Spokane for the winter, cause theres not enough room for ot under the shed up there. I have to yell at the locals and tell them to get most of their stored stuff off our place before winter.

I have to park all the rigs in the garage that go in the garage. I have to bring back the truck that I'm putting together for my mom so I can finish it. I have to tow a Blazer body in to town, so I can do a Blazer body swap for a relative.

If I sell my Crew Cab, I have to swap out front axles and pull off the winch, then go to Illinois to get another one if I buy it.

I have to get a motor for the plow truck, put it together, and put the plow on it.

For the 1st two weeks in November I'll be in the Phillipines with my mom visiting my grandparents and relatives on her side.

Then I can come back and plow, and deal with all the stuff that I didn't mention on here cause I forgot about it.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Just shoot me now.

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

BANG! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Didn't work. My mind is still moving at super fast speeds (also creating super slow output).

4. k5mike

k5mike Registered Member

...the bug has biten....

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You think too far ahead

We need to have a Caveman VS Deadman fight, schedule it in

I'm gonna loose............

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Save your bullets! With all that work,your bound to have a heart attack,or get hurt rushing to get all this stuff done--I'd take one day at a time--I try doing like you describe,planning everything in advance,hoping things will go as planned--but life happens--and plans are made to be broken,like they say,if you want to make God laugh,just make plans!.Have a few beers and relax--it will all get done before you know it,hopefully the weather will be on your side,and you will have all winter to recover!
    Its a good thing your still young--I wish I was,its taken me two weeks to remove and install a motor in my C-10 that would have taked one day at the most 10 or 15 years ago,and I will be sore for about the same length of time,when back then it wouldn't even phase me-- /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif