Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone stole my Blazer last nite

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Penthos, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Penthos

Penthos Registered Member

This is the first time I've ever had trouble where I live. Woke up this morning and voila, its GONE! Hate that feeling, just want to find the b***ards and ream 'em a new one. Anyway, good thing is the police found my Blazer this morning. The crooks accessed my truck through the side-vent window and messed up the column. Fortunately they didn't go too far away (found my truck about 1/2 mile away), they must have gotten spooked by someone because my stereo head was half out, but they did get my Crunch dual 15" subwoofer box in back /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. Hopefully the cops can find the punks and teach 'em a lesson. Sorry for the length, but I'm letting off some steam.

The other kicker is I had just returned my leased Camaro yesterday and was going to rely on my Blazer 100% for the next month until my new Z28 came in. Bad luck!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Wow... Ever time I hear someone's car get's stolen about 99% of the time they never see it agian. You lucked out big time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Yup, at least you're one f the few that ever see it again ! Lucky and unlucky at the same time !

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

GAH I hate hearing about that...

I have a massive stereo in my truck worth about $XXXX.XX and fear it getting stolen.... this is why I ALWAYS turn it down before I get near my home... what they don't hear, they won't know about. so far, its worked for the last year or so, so I guess I can call it a good thing now.

of course, with that said, someone should be stealing it shortly, and stripping it bare, before usingit to heist a bank, or ship it to mexico to get turned into parts, and resold as a different truck.

-Rich

5. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and what about the tools, jack, towing straps, chains, extra parts, phone,cb and a big wad of cash I always keep in the console. Once it's gone, can ya prove it to insurance company that ya had it? I used to leave a pistol there and lock the console, but I took it out. Now just have a tire iron/hammer within reach..
    Can't trust anyone anymore..makes ya wanta chain the rig to a concrete post when ya leave it.

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

but if ya chain it to a post the k5 can rip the post out of the ground. *enter that damned face here* i need to figure out how to do that. lol. later.

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif but at least you got it back in somewhat good shape /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

time for the removeable steering wheel set up and the brake lock gizmo. It may be possible to steal a rig with such stuff on there, but its a heck of a lot more of a PITA for the theif than your neighbors car...

J

9. Penthos

What is the removable steering wheel? A kit that you can buy so you easily remove the wheel? Will the horn still work properly? Sorry for the 20 questions, but I'm definitely going to do something more to make my Blazer a bit harder to steal.

And thanks for the sympathy guys, it's a shame that it happens at all.

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I thought mine got stolen once. I parked at school one day, and went out there and it was gone. Got a ride home and found one of my friends there with this stupid look on his face. He had gone into my house, taken my extra set of keys and moved it to a different lot at school. It was a pretty good joke

11. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Grant sells a kit that you install in your column and you can remove your steering wheel everytime you park. Yes, everything will work the same.

12. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

mine was stole about 2 years ago in Norfolk Va. only had for about 3 hours and managed to do $5000 worth of damage. the biggest fight was with the insurance company who wanted to total it but i wouldnt let them. the only stolen was a watch and i had about $400 worth od tatical stuff in the back seat. the biggest slap in the face was that they threw away or took my AC/DC cd

13. Penthos

Thanks, I'm going to buy that kit after my Blazer gets back from the shop. Then I'm going to look at other deterents, too.

14. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Makes you want to sleep in the back of the thing with a shotgun. Astring atached to your toe connecting to all doors to make sure you wake up. Thats what id do. better than any alarm better than any club.

15. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Get a Catapillar battery disconnect switch. There keyed so if you mount it somewhere that it can't be bypassed, you can disco it and take the key. At least that way the blazer its self will be there when you come back. Just remember if they want it bad enough, their going to get it