Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone Stole My Top!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Jul 23, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Just got home about an hour ago. I had been out working on my truck earlier fixing wiring issues which I got mostly solved (I can drive at night again!), so it was a good day for my truck. That is until I got home and realized the top to my truck wasn't where I left it. That is to say that it is nowhere it should be. It has fallen into the hands of some evil doer who is up to no good. Maybe just some punk high school kids out to cause havoc and vandalize, but it was stolen none the less. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So now I am topless indefinitely, well, at least until I can find a new top. If anyone in the NW has a top they are trying to get rid of (preferrably black) or sees a white one someone is trying to get rid of with the latch welded shut and a chip out of the lower right hand corner of the lift gate LET ME KNOW!! I'm ready to bust out the 12 gauge and go huntin!
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif (-that thingy that keeps the rain out)

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that fawking sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif talk to jeremy(55willy) he is also in eugene and can keep his eyes open for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Wow. Eugene isn't a very big city. There can't be too many Blazers around that they can hide a stolen top. I'll keep my eyes open around here for ya. You should get a soft top anyway. You'll probably never put a hard top back on!

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    There seems to be ALOT of 1st gen related theft(trucks and Blazers) in the Pacific North West.
    Remind me no to move up there.

5. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Actually this one happened in Portland. I do have a soft top, and I am going to put it on and fold it down out of the way today. But it is no good for keeping rain out as some of the snaps are broken and I am missing the support bars that go up behind the doors and connect to the ones going over the doors so it has a tendency to sag some over the doors. And the zippers in the back are broken. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I will just go topless forever. No, but that top works better than nothing. I just hope the bastages don't come back and knife my softy up cause then I will be S.O.L. 4sure. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what area of portland did it happen at?

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

that bites about your top... I have my old white hard top that you can have for $50.00 if you need/want another though. I went to a soft-top and wont be going back. the rear door is jacked up but its a good double-wall and ready for pick up immediately. been sitting out at my parents place and they would like it gone.

-Ryan

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Here is what you need: Found this listing...

For Sale in Edgewood, WA '67-'72 K-5 BLAZER soft top, K line, exc. cond., canvas only, $200, obo, 253-864-7631

I don't know where Edgewood is or how the top is going to fit a '67 or '68 blazer, but if it is in good shape, the price is right. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Mudhog: It was in SW Portland. I live off of Sylvan Exit of Hwy 26.

Ryan: What do you mean by jacked up? Are there any cracks in the top itself? Does the gate function? PM me with details, I am interested.

Bouncytruck: Thank you for that info. I already have a soft top, but it is in need of some repairs. I will see what kind of price the repair shop is asking for new zippers/snaps/rip and then go from there. Oh man, didn't see that, does that mean it won't fit my '66 Blazer? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I bet we can modify it to fit your '66 Blazer but what about my '61?
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif