Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone tried to break into my Blazer!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pure Insanity, May 29, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

This morning when I was taking the kids to the sitters, I looked back to look at something my daughter had. I noticed the slider part way open. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

This has happened before but thot one of the kids did it. Same thing I thot when I seen it this morning, and told Harley to leave the widows alone. She told me that she didnt open it, so I quizzed my son. He said he didnt either, and I remembered when they were in it last nite Harley was up front w/ me and Justin was behind me. HHMMMM! And its always on the passengers side that the window is part open. The side away from my bedroom window.

I am afraid someone is going to have to be hurt!

Is it possible to reach around the wing window to reach the door lock? Maybe on a stock height K5 but PI is lifted. I have never tried. Infact I have never opened the sliders at all.

I disable PI every nite so it cant be started, itll spin over and make enuff noise to wake me up, but not start. All thats in there right now is the CB, no radio yet, and some misc. parts in the far back.

If this happens again tonite, I WILL sleep in PI! Imagine the look on this persons face to open the window and see me sitting up. HEHE!

2. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

when you say wing window, do you mean the vent window on the door?
    on my pickup they got the vent window open and reached in and rolled the window down then just unlocked the door. then proceded to clean me out...
    dave

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Time for some motion lights to go up.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Get a motion alarm where one part sits in the truck the other goes inside with you. It beeps and flashes on your end. When I actually remember to turn it on it works really well and it's like $30 bucks....

5. Pure Insanity

The side slider window on the top has a wing window sorta. I have power windows so getting in thru the door wing wont happen. I think the only thing that will help here is the fact that PI is on 38s.

6. Pure Insanity

We have motoin lites out front and its parked w/ in 20 feet of a street lite. I have a feeling its my neighbors or one of their friends. They are in the process of moving out thankfully. I cant prove it but I just have a suspicion.

7. Pure Insanity

I need to go ahead and break down and install the alarm is what I need to do. LOL! I have the alarm w/ all the toys for the windows, locks, motion sensors, glass break sensors, (supposedly), I just havent had time to install it. They cant steal it now, just get in and take stuff, or mess it up.

8. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

Hey, if the locks on your sliders are not working too well or are missing altogether, you can wedge something in the back half of the track to keep them closed, know what I mean? Thin pieces of wood or pipe work well.

9. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Go to your local Locksmith shop and get a pair of house sliding window type locks that clamp onto the slider track right next to the window so it can't be pushed back. I put a set in my rig and they work well.

10. Pure Insanity

I was thinking about doing that. I meant to today but forgot. I hate that! I know theres something I wanna do toady during lunch, but I cant remember what it is. GGRRRRRR!

11. Pure Insanity

Ill prob just wedge something in the tracks to jam them closed. I have 1 piece glass for the Blazer but its at a friends house and we had a falling out a few months back. Ill prob end up buying new glass again. This is the biggest reason I wanted to off the sliders. (besides I HATE the way they look!)

12. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

OK..if ya wanta do that...I'm a Locksmith and KNOW how to get into ANYTHING... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif also know how others get in.

13. Pure Insanity

Early GM trucks are incredibly easy to get into. All you need is an ice pick and know where to place it. You can be in in a matter of seconds. Fortunately most young punks these days DONT know where that is. The hardest car I have had to break into was a Jag. Seemed like it took all day! LOL! No I am not a car theif I work on cars. HAHA!

The window lock is what I will do if I keep the sliders. I am just doing this for now.

14. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

I use alot of stiff wire to get into alot of rides...it's not that hard. Used a fish hook to get into one and get it started for a guy that didn't have a key one time.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. Pure Insanity

I have never used a fish hook Ill have to say that. I like the new long rod and wedge thing they have come up w/ in the last few yrs.

What do you do when you encounter the GM PASS keys? The ones that have the little chip on them.

16. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

I don' t do pass keys now.. as it takes too many keys to even try to get a key to start the ride, so I just pass these and let the local Locksmith take them, I got out just before the rage stared for the pass keys. But I can still do the older locks.