Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone tried to burgle my house tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Skigirl, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Came back from the movies tonight, my living room window was open with the screen gone. Came in, nothing gone, (stereo, TV, satellite receiver, laptop all right there in the living room) and here are my dogs, sitting on the couch (right underneath that open window) looking pretty darned pleased with themselves. I go outside to the window and about 4 feet in front of it is a rawhide bone. Looks like one of the dogs threw the bone at him. Actually, they probably were trying to play with whoever it was, but hey, they're big and very enthusiastic. I would've run too!

Called the police to report it, they said that even tho nothing was taken, by law if the window was opened it is burgulary.

Very uncommon here, last one was 10 years ago.

Go dogs! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Thats good to hear nothing was missing.
    My brother was house sitting for a couple from our church and he came home one night to find thier whole house ran sacked, the took all the jewery, camcorder, watches money and gun. the couple was having a family vacation and it was the 2nd time they have been robbed, infact after this occorance(sp?) it happends again/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Wow, that sucks! It's such a violation.

2 of my 3 dogs are young, this was the first time they've had an opportunity to do their job.

Best deterrent in the world I think. No muss, no fuss.

I have someone house sit for me when I go out of town, but the dogs are always here.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You might want to look around the house a little more and see if you can find the "private parts" that the dogs might have ripped off by mistake when they thought they were gonna "play ball". /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Yep best deterent around next to a loaded and properly aimed .45 acp, my first line of defense is a German Shepard and a Border/Cow dog mix. then they deal with me if I'm home. If not it's all insured.

White Knight (orginal and Texan)

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I prefer tactical 12 gauge pump. I have 2 golden retreivers and a black lab. They are surprisingly protective of the house, but love kids and cats (well, truthfully they entusiastically love pretty much everything and everyone), so it works out well at my house.

7. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Yea, Wes, hopefully I'll find a little thingy or 2! "Yea, officer, just look for a guy with a really squeeky voice. That'll be your man.. err... whatever. "

8. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Dogs are great. My Boxers are only 7 months old but they spaz on strangers. LOL
    The male (Buddy) stands at the driver door just going off at em. too funny.
    His sister(Blazer) is right behind him sounding off.
    No wagging tails they are at full on intruder alert. LOL
    They are terretorial as hell, we had a neibor dog get on the property and they ran that SOB into the ground.
    Funny thing is they are great with Terry, he is handicaped.
    he is rough as hell with them and all they do is knock him down and lick him to death.
    But they are real protective with all of the boys.