Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Someone willing to weld body panels (Denver)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Brighton72, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Brighton72

Brighton72 Newbie

Hey folks,

Does anyone know of a person that would be willing to replace/weld body panels on my 72 Blazer, that lives in the Denver Area ?

I’ve been to a few Body shops and they don’t seem to be interested in doing the work for me. They all want $4,000 + to do the whole job.

Here’s my situation. I parked my 72 about 5 years ago. I tore it apart, cut out most of the rest, etc. Repaired the interior bed (removed rust) and coated it with por-15, primered it and then topped it off with Morton’s Spray-in Bed liner. Painted the dash, etc…blab bla bla.

I have yet to finish replacing the floor panels, rockers, etc. Old ones are already cut out. I do have the new sheet metal.

My dilemma. It has been garaged for too darn long and I would like to get it rolling again. I haven’t worked on it much the last few years. I don’t have a lot of time and my welding skills need improvement. I really like doing the work myself, but I don’t want to screw it up with the welding.

My funds are limited right now, but I would like to find someone that is willing to make a few bucks on the side and can take their time doing the work. Someone, that isn’t offended that I want to finish the work myself (prepping for painting, adding that personal touch, etc.)

Does anyone know of a person that would be interested in replacing panels ? Or, I’m I seeking the impossible ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vince Martinez

Brighton, Colorado

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Try asking on colorado4x4.org. There's alot of local talent over there. Most of us Denver area guys are high on passion, low on talent. jiminycricket here has a pretty and shiny truck, but the rest of us gave up on sheetmetal a long time ago. Try asking him for a reference.

3. Brighton72

Brighton72 Newbie

Thanks, I'll check there.

Vince

4. xblaxermnx

xblaxermnx Registered Member

If you find a guy, let me know. Sounds like I need the same kind of help. :D

5. Brighton72

Brighton72 Newbie

xblaxermnx,​

Will do. maybe we should get together and help each other out? It appears we live close to each other.

Vince

6. xblaxermnx

xblaxermnx Registered Member

Sounds good PM me and lets get together. I need all the help I can get