Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Something about even completing little stuff on truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jul 13, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well I havent worked on the truck in a week or 2...
    did get the fullsize jimmy for parts and strip it...

so now last night I get home and eat dinner with wife and son.. then went outside and replaced both window cranks.... now they roll up and down so nice... something about even fixing the stupid stuff gives that happy joy joy feeling....

next is to take the steering column out all the way to the gearbox...
    tomorrow is to remove or start removing the clutch pedal assembly...

gonna try and get the mechanical pedals out and get my hydro stuff in and newer year column before I bother trying to figure out how the hell I am going to pull the tranny and xfer in my driveway to replace the clutch and bellhousing for hydro conversion... :doah:

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i know what ya mean... ;)

its tough in my dinosauric era to get motivated.. i go in binges where i work on the truck every waking moment for 3 weeks, then i back off for a week or 2... my job really kicks my arse most of the time.. tough to put those extra hrs in...

i was so psyched the other day after finally putting tunes back in the truck after like 5 months... been trying to get the floor herculined for a month now.. but i've only patched 2 of the 4 holes in the floor.. need to get on that... :doah: :rolleyes: :wink1:

3. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

yeah i feel ya i have somepiddaly stuff to do left on my truck but my girl leaves for school soon so i enjoy spending every waking moment available with her :laugh: :wink1:

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

update.. really happy now..

steering column out...
    mechanical pedal assembly out...
    new assembly in
    clutch resevoir in
    clutch piston on firewall... easily drilled hole as there was a circle where it went on the firewall.... :bow:

next.. tomorrow is put newer style steering column in...
    then drop tranny and xfer case and put hydro bellhouseing in.. and new clutch.....

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005