Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Something different

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Nov 20, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Today I had to stomp on the gas pedal to get into to traffic. The engine loaded up and away I went without a problem, but when I looked in the rear view mirror to see who I'd cut off, all I saw was a massive cloud of BROWN exhaust. I've never seen this, I've seen blue and white and black, but never brown. We use oxygenated fuel during the winter months here but thats been here for ten years. Any ideas? Other than this episode the truck runs fine.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Maybe you were just going faster than $#!t ..get it ? just kidding, I've never seen brown exhaust either.</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

Was there maybe a whole bunch of dirt on the road that you didn't see and kicked up a bunch of dust.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey Riz, I appreciate the kind though but, no.... Not this old crate. Maybe on a good downhill stretch. I dunno, I guess I'll blame it on the gas. I know what it is! All this expensive gas were using is laced with water, and.......... my blazer sat in the driveway all week long and......ummmm it rusted the inside of my exhaust pipes, see? and when I stomped on it, um..... all the rust blew out, THATS why it was brown! I'm on vacation, I'm bored and I'm going back to bed. Have a great Holiday everyone.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim