Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Something Everyone NEED'S to check.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by i_4x4, May 28, 2001.

1. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

Something Everyone NEED\'S to check.

I Just finished installing ORD's 1" body lift. To my surprize I found a few of the body bolt's rusted & corroaded about half way thru, My '85 K5 does't have very much rust a couple of quarter sized blisters. I did not expect the body bolts to be in such bad shape. SO my addvice to those who have not done a body lift or to the one's that have but has been some time ago they should be checked or replaced. I have seen body's seppreate from frame's on roll overs even seen one layed on it's side. Where the bolts failed. Hope this might help someone.

Later Ed

LET'S ROCK
    Don't follow me you will get STUCK!!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Something Everyone NEED\'S to check.

I think I am going to get to checking my 85 K30's body bolts real soon. I had plans to put in some new polyurethane body mounts anyways. Think I will go ahead and replace all the bolts anyways, just to play it safe. Thanks for the warning! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

3. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads up, I'll slide under soon and check. Maybe a good excuse to replace those mounts w/ poly, hmm...

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

4. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm gettin a weird noise from the right front corner of my cab. I've suspected a body mount, but now I guess I better get off my a$$ and check it out! Thanks for the heads up! -Tommy