Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Something happened

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 12, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't know what happened from last school year to this one...but last year I kicked schools butt...now its kicking mine.

Last year I had straight A's...now I only have 1 A...:(
    I am doing very bad in Calculus... it's kicking my butt.

I don't know if my study habits deproved or if I haven't studied enough, but on my past 3 tests I haven't done well. The only course I am doing very well in is the one I do not need: English.

Just thought I'd point this out....

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

what level of calc are you in? Calc 2 is one nasty class, just get through it calc 3 is a lot better

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

MY MONKEY IS BACK!

You need to buckle down and get back to kicking some ass bro

Goooooood luck!

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't know what level, I'm taking it in HS. It's supposed to be an introducer to first year college or university calculus I believe.

5. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

ah what subject are you on? just deratives and integrals

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We just finished the first unit which was on Limits. Now we are beginning to get into derivatives...

7. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Better get learnin' that stuff if you plan on going into university! Its basically all you do for math...

I just re-learned all of the stuff you are learning right now, so if you need a hand, feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll do my best to try and explain :) Not only does it help you, but it also solidifies it in my mind as well!

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks, yeah I am trying to get it done and down pat...I am seeing where I am messing up, I think I just need more practice with it.

9. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats truthfully the best thing you can do...

And allow me to assure you that the limits are the hardest part. Once you get into the differentiation, things get a ton easier!

Make sure you do ALL the problems that are given to you by your teacher, if he is anything like my Math 31 teacher was, he'll probally put questions identical to what he assigns you for homework into the tests, less different numbers. So, even if you don't totally understand why things work, if you do the problems at home, and can remember the different formulas you need to modify, you are still able to figure things out.

10. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

From what I have found in calculus is that the algebra is harder than the calculus itself. When given an equasion in an unuseable form I could never get through the algebra to get it to where I could actually use the calculus. So maybe this is where I went wrong. Now I am doing tree work and looking to operate heavy equipment. Which I happen to enjoy a whole lot more!

11. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

this same exact thing happend to me too.. last year i was 22nd in my class of 650 people.. now im failing 3 classes.. i know what my problem is. but im not doing anything to fix it.. at least you have the initiative to do that.. its hard sometimes with a job. and an old truck that you have to work on alot. but for some reason i dont care this year i know its stupid and i need to work on it. but i cant bring myself to.. haha i pretty much RECKED on my physics quarter test today though:D .. you just have to do your best. and there are people that can help, the hardest part is to seek them out. the help usually wont just come to you. and if you are an independent person there are plenty of math helper websites. and there are some for other subjects as well....sorry if this doesnt help at all :crazy:.. i tryed...